Author Topic: Hello to everyone  (Read 2560 times)

Kerry

• Hectare
Hello to everyone
« on: July 01, 2004, 13:17:08 »
hello from another newbie, have been lurking for some time and finally decided to take the plunge on this site, everyone seems so friendly!

I've been growing veg for 3 years, since me and my other half bought our house and am now totally addicted to our garden, love the challenge of growing all sorts of stuff.
Anyway, time for lunch now, to have some strawberries :) from the garden. Yesterday had raspberries too, and loganberries  :) :) bliss!
Cheers all ;D

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re:Hello to everyone
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 14:05:32 »
Glad you've got time for lunch. Well adjusted? = Tim

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 14:11:27 »
welcome Kerry!

friendly? mad more like! ;D

What are loganberries like? I don't think I've ever had one!
gone to pot :D

ken (69)

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 14:43:13 »
Hi Kerry...welcome., just joined too. See yer.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 14:56:53 »
Ooooh my first replies:exciting ;D
Aquilegia: loganberries-weeeell, my best description would be nearest a raspberry but sharper and very juicy. The riper they get, the less sharp, you have to wait until they're dark red otherwise you make a  :-X :P face: sour! They are large too, some nearly 2 inches, I think they're a cross between raspberry and blackberry although I would stand corrected! Vigourous plant, mine is trained across an 8 foot wide wall.
Friendly or mad? - but a lot more inviting than some of the other boards I've looked at.
Tim: well adjusted? I try, I try! Not working today (am part-time)so therefore am in garden (what housework?). Very satisfying to taste the fruits of your labour!
Cheers all.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 14:58:57 »
Hi Ken, thanks, recognise your name from the late bbc boards. Never posted, just lurked! Speak soon.
Cheers all.

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 15:09:14 »
Welcome Kerry  :D
What other fruit and veg do you grow apart from the lovley loganberries? (and strawbs and raspbs - love em! :P)
Do you have any flowers too?
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 15:15:32 »
  :D Hi Kerry,

Now contrary to what everyone else here will tell you - I am the only sane one around here. Believe me - I'm not a doctor!!!  ;D ;D

Welcome to A4A!!

Cheers, Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2004, 15:53:22 »
Hi Eileen and Moggle, thanks for your welcome.
well what do I grow? As much as I can cram in, usually wishing wishing, wishing for a bigger garden.
Here goes: broad beans, runners, peas, brussels, broccoli, cabbage, asparagus, radish, lettuce, onion, beetroot, sweetcorn, gooseberries, blackberries, blackcurrants, redcurrants, pumpkins, squashes, courgettes, cucumber, tomatoes, leeks, carrots, rhubarb, potatoes, and I'm trying cape gooseberries also this year. phew! As space is limited, I only grow a few plants of some of them, like the brassicas but more of peas, I squash them all in.

Yes, I have lots of flowers too, most things in the garden are grown from seed, then I can get lots of what I want more cheaply than buying them all, can't afford that! I love the challenge of getting the seeds to do their stuff, and when all the above are sown I still have 2 shoeboxes full, my partner despairs! (Not more seeds.  :o Where are you going to put them all?)

I love to see a full garden and I'll fill all the spaces, one of the best compliments was from my neighbour when he said it was jungle like, everything tall and jostling for space. (I think it was a compliment!)
Cheers all. :)

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2004, 17:02:48 »
Sounds like a lot of the things I'd like to grow  :)
I dream of having any garden at all! I only have 2 balconies (second floor) that I grow on, I really should sort myself out with an allotment next year, then I'd finally have some space for some raspberry canes!  ;D
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2004, 17:25:52 »
Talking of 'sweet' - we had the pleasure of knowing Charles Logan very well. Lovely chap. Forbear introduced the berry. = Tim

Kerry

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2004, 19:13:48 »
Judge Logan, Tim, from california? was that him? or am I getting mixed up with boysenberries?
Moggle, i'd be after an allotment if I were you, somewhere to put those 2 shoeboxes of seeds.......and an excuse for buying more :)
Cheers all

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal