Author Topic: Digi Challenge: NOW OPEN: Must read  (Read 4662 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Digi Challenge: NOW OPEN: Must read
« on: November 01, 2007, 14:13:07 »
And now for something completely different.... :o

Digital software isn't something everyone's familiar with but quite a few have asked for it to be included in the contest so; as a starter and also to give those new to it an idea of what it's about, I'd like to start by asking/challenging those with even a slight knowledge of it to grab the pic below and alter it in an interesting and 'believable' manner to show what can be done to an otherwise 'ordinary' photograph.
This isn't a contest as such and there is no vote; that's for the future if there's enough takers this first time round. Plenty of time on this one, closing in about 2 weeks. Over to you... :D
Post your finished effort in the normal way with 'Digi' as the subject heading to;

comp@allotments4all.co.uk

Don't forget your A4A name.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 18:50:56 by kenkew »

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Digi Challenge
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 14:18:19 »
The photograph is a Jpeg @ 640 x 480 px's @ 56.2Kbs and is over stamped with a date!
Over to you. Ken.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 14:55:06 by kenkew »

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Digi Challenge
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 23:18:16 »
We already have response to this! keep them coming, very interesting so far.
Ken.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Re: Digi Challenge: NOW OPEN: Must read
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 16:43:11 »
Rather disappointed with quantity (not quality) so far. From the requests last month I thought this one was going to fly. Makes me think there isn't really the need for a digi section....or am I wrong?
Ken.

GREENWIZARD

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 08:44:38 »
why not just let peeps enter their own digi work of art rather than have to work on one provided
ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHT

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 15:06:50 »
That is on the cards, GW. This first step is for the reason I set out in the opening post,...

....as a starter and also to give those new to it an idea of what it's about, I'd like to start by asking/challenging those with even a slight knowledge of it to grab the pic below and alter it in an interesting and 'believable' manner to show what can be done to an otherwise 'ordinary' photograph.

To submit an individual personal effort won't show the different techniques possible as the original subject matter will be different in every case. There has to be a single 'Master Copy' to which individuals can apply their own techniques so those people new to 'Digi touching' get some idea of what is possible.
 As I said, this is only the intro to this side of photography to see what the reaction and participation will be but it's also to introduce newby's to the subject.
 If there's enough support there will certainly be more 'Digi' to follow.
Thanks, Ken.

(I'd also like to see what can be done in the time allowed to this one rather than start off with a possible 'real work of art' which may have been worked on over a longer period of time. Also gives a level playing field as a starter. Looking forward to all contributions.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 15:17:07 by kenkew »

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 11:37:19 »
Hi Ken,

If you don't mind waiting another day or so, I'd like to give it a shot too, please?  :)

Edit:  When you say 'believable' can you define that a little better?  I didn't read your first post clearly enough and thought we could add our own effects as we wanted? 
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 11:51:44 by SavageBlue »

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 22:08:35 »
Just feel free to do it 'Your Way', SB.
Some quite interesting ones so far and I'm considering posting those soon but leaving it open for future additional efforts.
Thanks, Ken.

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2007, 13:43:34 »
Am struggling. Had a look at the effects I have on my graphics software and found a couple I like, but they change the look of the picture with it still being recognisable as a view across a field to trees... Is this the sort of thing you want rather than "touched up" and "improved" (for example, if the picture was too dark, lightened; blurred, edge sharpened)?
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2007, 19:13:45 »
Any of that is fine, M'Veg. Some of what we have so far disregard the 'believable' bit anyway!
 Any change to the original will be OK at this first effort. My idea was simply to introduce digital 'workshopping' to new people.
 Send what you consider suitable.
Thanks, Ken.

Multiveg

• Hectare
    • Forum
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2007, 20:29:31 »
Cheers Ken.
Had to do eeny meeny minny mo to decide between the two I had liked.
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 18:41:09 »
I have it in the vault, M'veg....and many thanks.
 It's amazing the different ways people have turned the original into a completelydifferent picture.....the mind boggles!
 Look-out for me putting those contributions up - one at a time - and be prepared to be amazed....... :o

Keep 'em coming, thanks, Ken.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2007, 13:04:29 »
Ken, I'd love to see them all at once?  Perhaps another fun vote with the digi challenge as the theme?

Multiveg

• Hectare
    • Forum
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 16:09:43 »
How many alterations have you received so far then, Ken?

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 19:11:40 »
OK SB. All at once it will be....which will also answer MV's question too (this weekend) hope you can stand it!
I promised a no vote on this first intro but if the support is there, I'm open to suggestions for a vote related Digi theme for later.
 Is it fairer to put an original up for everyone to 'tweak' or do we simply ask for 'anything'? Maybe someone would like to submit a pic or two (un-touched) for others to try their hand at? Thoughts?
Ken.

ducksfeet

• Not So New ...
  • Quack!
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2007, 21:47:35 »
Hello,

Quite like the given picture, it makes it fair. I could enhance a pic for hours, days then submit the original for the comp with something of a head start. I know, trust basis blah blah blah, but the current format makes sense.

Df
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 21:58:06 by ducksfeet »

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2007, 16:24:37 »
I go along with that, DF....and I have to change my 'promise' to SB about submitting all at once on account of they continue to arrive....last count was 10. Keep 'em coming.
Goody...Ken.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 12:53:23 »
Did you get mine ok?

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2007, 23:34:37 »
I have no contribution from 'Savageblue'.....please send again.
Ken.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2007, 00:56:59 »
I have no contribution from 'Savageblue'.....please send again.
Ken.

Hmmm  ???  I sent it yesterday to comp@allotments4all.co.uk from my savageblue email.  Have resent from my mail email address.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal