Author Topic: to harvest courgettes now...  (Read 1957 times)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
to harvest courgettes now...
« on: July 01, 2004, 09:13:58 »
To all those who are harvesting courgettes now, when did you sow the seeds, when did you plant them out and did you give them any protection outside?

My plants are still tiny and I love courgettes.
gone to pot :D

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
Re:to harvest courgettes now...
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2004, 09:35:47 »
Sowed around Feb -but it's in the greenhouse. The variety is Partenon it's been quite successfull and I'll do it again.

The outside ones are just coming -but they're all gifts so I can't help you with dates. I'll sow my own next year and try and get them to come a bit earlier.

Jeremy

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 11:54:17 »
Tosca - sown in g'house 17/4 - been picking since 10/6.

Genovese - same, but put outside 24/5 - just producing a few small ones. Bad position. = Tim

Justy

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 16:09:11 »
sowed mine about March and had them in a plastic growing rack outside until mid May.  I will be harvesting my first ones this week

Debs

• Hectare
  • If at first you don't succeed, try and try again!!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 20:53:51 »
Boo Hoo  :'(

Sowed mine in greenhouse February-ish.  4 plants grew and were duly transplanted. Then followed TORRENTIAL RAIN
( I kid you not)
2 succumbed.
Now have 1 struggling to produce flowers and 2nd which doesnt know what to do!!

Debs  :-\

ina

• Hectare
    • My Homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2004, 21:20:08 »
Sowed end of february indoors, planted outside end of april but I put bubble wrap around sticks that surrounded the plants untill the end of may and started harvesting middle of june.

The first few courgettes didn't do well, this incomplete pollination thing where only the top half grows fat and the bottom half sticks out like a sore thumb, picked them off before they started rotting.
I'm starting to get a glut now, four waiting to be eaten and more on the plants, they will be hanging in a bag on the doors of neighbors soon.

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 21:25:21 »
sowed mine in may, planted out about 2 weeks ago and i have small (3") courgettes on teh plants now....

kojac and gold rush are the varieties.

can't believe it debs, just bunged all my extras in the ground today because i couldn't find homes for them - could have given them to you..!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal