Author Topic: Beetroot  (Read 2378 times)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Beetroot
« on: June 29, 2004, 13:15:51 »
Didn't really know where to post this, but just wanted to say, thanks to I think Doris Pinks, I am now a convert to raw beetroot.  Never tried it raw before, but grated with raw kohl rabi, carrot and apple makes a delicious coleslaw.  The baby beets I treat almost like a radish and I do believe them sweeter when raw!  If you haven't tried them, give it a whirl.  As they get bigger I shall try roasting them - I have heard this makes the flavour so much stronger.  YUM!  ;D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
Re:Beetroot
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 13:24:03 »
I can thoroughly recommend them roasted. really yummy. And they made parts of the other veggies go pink too!

I shall have to have a go at raw - never tried it!
gone to pot :D

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 14:32:21 »
I need the recipe for the beetroot salad you get from M&s's cant just seem to get that same taste and i've copied ingredients down and tried to duplicate it.Maybe i'm short of a few Chemicals?
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 14:41:54 »
You are more than welcome EJ! ;D
 Try baking them in foil,  with some balsamic, little brown sugar and garlic, then when cooked sprinkle with fresh basil! YUM!! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 22:23:03 »
I too am converted to raw beetroot....grated mine (just mind the splashes) and added finely chopped spring onion and drizzled lemon & tarragon dressing over (bought that in Tescos') ....mmmm lovely....will try the salad version E.J.& D.P.sounds great and going to roast some next time I have some....

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal