Author Topic: promised items  (Read 1646 times)

debster

• Hectare
promised items
« on: October 17, 2007, 17:35:51 »
for anyone i have promised onion sets or peas to i will be sorting them out as soon as i get over this lurgy i managed to catch
cheers and sorry

Stevens706

• Acre
Re: promised items
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 21:01:58 »
Sorry to hear that you are ill get well soon

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 22:14:09 »
Eak get well soon!!

Feet up and dont link the envelopes  ;)

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 19:35:02 »
its only one of those stinking horrible colds but just cant seem to shake it off being a bit careful cos had pneumonia earlier in the year and im also asthmatic now just trying to keep it all under control but if anyone has any simple cures for a really sore chapped and dry nose and lips they will be gratefully received

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 20:59:17 »
Aw hun, colds are the worst dragging out awful things. Hope it doesnt last too long.

A couple of things for you to try.........cut one of your fresh onions up and put in a clean jar, cover with brown sugar and leave overnight. Take a spoonful of the syrup as you need it for a sore throat or cough. Have a drink of hot lemonade before bed, it makes you sweat so you may not sleep too well, but it helps shift the bugs.
Sore lips and nosies.....just plain vaselene or if you're completely organic ... almond oil?

Get well soon  ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 11:20:36 »
feeling a bit better this morning hubby made me a hot toddy last night honey lemon and brandy had olbas oil on my pillow and went to bed smothered in vaseline but nose and lips feel so much better today shall repeat tonight after the rugby of course

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 11:21:37 »
Once your feeling better go get the flu jab :)

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 12:52:15 »
funny you should say that ~Cambourne 7 my doctor has insisted i have both the flu jab and the pneumonia one they are lined up for next week health willing.i did have the flu jab last year and didnt get flu but hubby did and whatever he had i caught and ended up in hospital with pneumonia asthma and pericarditis. as a nurse i work in quite a high risk job so have agreed to jabs however as my asthma is now well controlled i hope to fair better this year (didnt know i was asthmatic before april this year) oh well fingers crosseed

littlebabybird

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 00:21:08 »
debster my doctor said i had  to leave 2 weeks between the flu jab and the pneumonia one

Esre

• Half Acre
    • Esre's Blog
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2007, 16:44:17 »
One of my colleagues went for the flu and pneumonia jabs last week, they were about to give him the pneumonia when they realised he'd had one last year, apparently you should leave a minimum of 5 years between jabs as it can be a bit nasty (he didn't go into detail and I didn't ask!)
Whatever it was I didn't do it but if I should have done then I have!

Plot 24A
My Blog

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2007, 19:58:15 »
ive never had the pneumonia jab before this was the first one, my doctor said it is safe to have both in the same week if not too bad im on hols this week but i will ask about the 5 year wait for the next one.

all promised items sent today except 2 which are onion sets for cultivated and joanne who have asked for some but not sent me addys so if youre on and looking please pm me

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal