Author Topic: Patience finally paid off!  (Read 2538 times)

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
Re: Patience finally paid off!
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2007, 21:07:09 »
The reason I asked is that as far as I'm aware, Peppadew seeds aren't on sale anywhere - in the world! A farmer discovered them growing on his land in South Africa, and it's the only place in the world they've been found. The farmer started up a pickling business, so they're only available pickled, not fresh.  I understand security is quite tight at the farm - apparently, even the odd ones that fall when they're being picked are gathered up to prevent anyone else getting hold of them. Can't blame him I suppose - though maybe if we all joined forces we could complain to the Monopolies Commission!

Re the seeds I saved last year - yes, a couple of them did germinate, believe it or not, but they didn't survive. Mind you, I lost a fair few capsicums at the time, so just bad luck I suppose. Good luck with yours!

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 21:14:35 »
My peppers (can't remember the variety) are still green  :(

My GH is unheated, will I either have to heat the gh or bring the peppers indoors to get them to ripen do you think?
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 21:39:25 »
here are my peppers which did OK . trouble is I don,t really like them!! I got give them so felt obliged to grow them the milder ones are alright but do you think that if I took the chilli ones to the lotty plant sale that somebody would buy them
? marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal