Photo Gallery > Photo Talk

Competition Changes -Have we gone too far?

<< < (2/5) > >>

Garden Manager:

--- Quote --- From Kenkew: I respect GA's comments but got a bit confused when he suggest no change but then put forward a suggestion to open the contest up to four categories. Anyway, let's walk along with this for awhile and once the lumps, bumps and hurdles have been ironed out maybe we can up the pace a bit and start 'jogging'.
Thanks, Ken.

--- End quote ---

Ken I would have prefered no change or just some minor tweaking to hbe honest with you. However since change was intended, i decided to suggest some alternative categories to the ones you put forward. Apologies for any confusion.

kenkew:
With you now, GA. Confusion gone.
Actually I pondered your suggested categories and was close to clicking the 'mod key'. The reason I didn't take it up was that I might have opened the flood-gates where everyone with a 'pet' topic would demand their own particular subject as lead.
Obviously it's a practical impossibility to have a category for every conceivable subject matter, so I've left it with those two. That's not to say that over time there won't be changes. Every comment and suggestion mentioned I have copy/pasted to read through over and over. No one more than I wants the new layout to be an acceptable one, but if it's got weaknesses I'm sure we'll find them and alter for the better.
Thanks, Ken.

Garden Manager:
Fair enough but you could have set rules/guidelines for each of 'my' categories to make sure it suited as many people as possible. I do think they were quite broad based categories anyway so should have suited the majority.

I do now understand why you have set the categories as you have done, although i have one question: Could you clarify which category photos featuring garden veiws, allotments and general landscapes come under?

Thanks

kenkew:

--- Quote from: Garden Apprentice on October 18, 2007, 10:30:29 ---Fair enough but you could have set rules/guidelines for each of 'my' categories to make sure it suited as many people as possible. I do think they were quite broad based categories anyway so should have suited the majority.

I do now understand why you have set the categories as you have done, although i have one question: Could you clarify which category photos featuring garden veiws, allotments and general landscapes come under?

--- End quote ---

Had I have had more time, GA I would have spent some of it studying your different items per category, but to be honest I've spent my spare hours doing the best I can with the two now running.
 The favourable comments I've had regarding the 3rd one, 'Themes' tells me it's going to be quite popular, probably because it's different to anything we've done along these lines.
 The 'Life' category includes any and all living creatures, so your garden views...etc pic's would go into the 'Scenes' category.
Later on, when we all get the hang of how things run and where time allows, I will consider splitting the 'Scenes' Cat to have a dedicated one possibly 'Home Grown'. That will give the opportunity to show off there fruit, veg and flowers in a competitive way outside the Gallery board. It's maybe a little late in the season to expect a huge response to it just now but I'll be asking for suggestions about that a little further down the line...watch out for it!
Thanks, Ken.

sarah:
can i suggest that the winner of each 'themed' comp gets to chose the theme of the next?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version