Author Topic: printer/photo printer  (Read 1542 times)

Yuet_Lee

• Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
printer/photo printer
« on: October 16, 2007, 00:01:46 »
hi there'
My old printer hasn't been working for more than a year :'( No matter HOW i PUT NEW INKS IN ,its still not working  >:(
So,finally I've just order a photo printer today to print some of mine DC PHOTO,but wonder it still can print normal A4 black & white print ???
Or do I still needed to buy another normal print for normal print ???
please help :(

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
Re: printer/photo printer
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 07:28:13 »
If the new printer is an A4 printer you should have no problem. It's just that you need to remember to set the paper and resolution the suit what you are doing.

If you are using Windows then a Canon Pixma IP1600 or IP1200 (same printer without the black cartridge, but you can install the black cartridge, buy one when you buy the printer), These are fine printers for photo's and you can set up different profiles for different jobs.

I don't know how good they are with a Mac, but DO NOT buy Canon printers or scanners for Linux systems as they do not supply suitable drivers for systems based on this.
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

Yuet_Lee

• Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 11:42:51 »
Hi Larkhall
The one I've order is : Epson Stylus D92 Printer [Electronics],which I still haven't received yet!
It said is a Photo Printer,I never use one before?
So not sure can it still print normal documents?

I got a scanner seperately,which I need is a printer, so I thought I order Photo printer will do the normal printing!
Or not I brought the wrong stuff ???
please help!

decrepit

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2007, 19:16:57 »
Yes - your D92 will print ordinary stuff - very simple - you  just put ordinary A4 paper in the printer and it uses that - if you want to print out a photograph you put in photographic quality paper.

Enjoy !

Yuet_Lee

• Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 20:03:14 »
thank you very much! ;)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal