Author Topic: Shrinking Photos  (Read 2163 times)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
Shrinking Photos
« on: June 25, 2004, 15:23:20 »
 Hi  Gavin or KENKEW. :)
I need to shrink some photos to send to Eileen.

Can you help me with an IDIOTS GUIDE please. Thank you.
                                               Mary.

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
Re:Shrinking Photos
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 16:40:03 »
Rosebud,

for a step to step guide we'll need to know what you're using to edit your picture.

I did start writing some instructions, but they would need to be so general that they might not help much.

Jeremy

As a tip you can look for a resize or scale menu entry. Also when you save use 'Save As' and choose the JPEG (.jpg) type you can then set the quality at say 50% and that will give you a much smaller file to send.

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 18:01:59 »
Rosebud dont know if you were here when we all used hpphoto but they have a photo manager which even i can use.You can still download it for free i think.The only difference from before is that you can no longer xfer them to A4a.but for this now quite a number of us are using Photobucket.Tis easy honest.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 18:12:28 »
If you do manage to download Photomanager from Hpphoto.com, get back to me, I have a Crib sheet which seems to be understandable to most.
Gardening is the great leveller.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2004, 20:23:07 »
Hi folks thank you for your replies.  I have managed to down size the pictures with my daughters help. :D

Palustris can you help me with an idiots guide to put them on to the site gallery PLEEEEEse!!!!!!!.  Also what is the address for this photobucket that is mentioned.  Many thanks.  Rosebud. :)

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2004, 21:25:42 »
It is Photobucket.com. When you go there you need to join. pretty much the same as joining here.
When you have sent your photos there, again good easy on screen instructions there to transfer them here is not hard. When your photo appears in you album, underneath are three lines, the bottom one is the one you need. If you click on it, the line turns blue.  You may then copy that line (Ctrl+C or EDit Copy). Then go to this site, start your message and when you want the photo to appear press Ctrl+V or Edit Paste. Then Preview to see if it has worked. Hope this is enough for you. If not please ask again and I will give even more details.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2004, 21:26:51 by Palustris »
Gardening is the great leveller.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal