Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 875066 times)

steve76

• Acre
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #5760 on: March 31, 2012, 22:08:03 »
picked nearly a bag full of purple and white sprouting, so looking forward to the sunday roast tomorrow :)...
Hope to get some seeds in tomorrow...

claybasket

• Hectare
« Reply #5761 on: March 31, 2012, 22:34:51 »
I pottered about the gh,planted pepper seeds and potted on some seedlings will listening to radio Essex it was quite cool .

Dizzymac

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5762 on: March 31, 2012, 22:59:13 »
I liberated my raspberries from large clumps of grass, watered and mulched them, hope they give me a good crop like last year :-)

gaz2000

• Half Acre
« Reply #5763 on: March 31, 2012, 23:37:14 »
watered the greenhouse newbies after work,thats all

the dills pumpkins have shown themselves  ;D no courgettes yet but shouldnt have any problems

sweetcorn isnt great tbh,got about 10 out of nearly 30 so far  :( sowed them in peat pots as i had them spare but had no available modules.

il give it another week and sow more if need be.

sunflowers are all up now,just waiting for the leeks and peas to show to feel content :)

need to transplant the toms in the week,il pass a few on to fellow plot holders.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #5764 on: April 01, 2012, 01:36:56 »
Popped my tomatoes into their own little pots-note to self-buy a grow bag to warm up in the greenhouse.  We're not growing so many this year  as we were over-run last summer and being away for  five weeks didn't help!

Aden Roller

• Hectare
  • Sussex near the sea
« Reply #5765 on: April 01, 2012, 12:59:41 »
Popped my tomatoes into their own little pots-note to self-buy a grow bag to warm up in the greenhouse.  We're not growing so many this year  as we were over-run last summer and being away for  five weeks didn't help!

I'm watching my tomato seedlings carefully.... just beginning to show their true leaves so potting-on time not far off now.

vague

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5766 on: April 01, 2012, 16:43:10 »
Dug over salad bed and finally stated to plant my lettuce seeds!  Also put in some ra
ddishes. ;D
Psb still going strong so gave them a good watering.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #5767 on: April 01, 2012, 17:43:05 »
Recovered from migraine by sitting in the shade outside potting on tomato plants for our plant sale in May....
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

gavinjconway

• Hectare
    • GavinConway.net - Our Allotment
« Reply #5768 on: April 01, 2012, 17:43:25 »
Had another all dayer today.. 9 - 5

Planted last 3 rows spuds.. still got a wide row of PFA to do in a few weeks.

Planted my peas from my drain pipes that I started in the GH.. not too easy to remove - I think my soil was too moist and reckon if it was semi dry it would just pour out easily??

Gave away to to plot neighbour all the broken flags that I had dug up and collected around the plot..

Flagged the side of the shed and tidied up the adjacent storage area..  Also flagged the path to the compost bay.. 2 long fence panels came in really handy for this..

Manured half the last side ready to dig..  Watered the onions, strawbs, garlic and broadies. Also sprinkled wood ash over my onions.

Now I deserve a rest...
Now a member of the 10 Ton club.... (over 10 ton per acre)    2013  harvested 588 Kg from 165 sq mt..      see my web blog at...  http://www.gavinconway.net

Twinklekat

• Not So New ...
« Reply #5769 on: April 01, 2012, 17:56:50 »
Topping up raised beds with compost from the heap. Also found several horsetails on the plot  :'(

gazzaroo

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #5770 on: April 01, 2012, 19:08:09 »
went to the plot holders meeting to day ,, grate granddad k and i granddad k got asked to go on the comity to day. we got more spuds in and some Brussels and Cabbages in,, cleaned out pound and lots of watering up,

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #5771 on: April 01, 2012, 19:28:25 »
Sweet corn is up so sowed the dwarf borlotti and yin yng beans  :)

Kleftiwallah

• Acre
« Reply #5772 on: April 01, 2012, 19:48:33 »

Covered our plum tree to keep Jack Frost away.  The bird table is for corvids, they don't like landing in our little garden.    :D   Cheers,     Tony.
" I may be growing old, but I refuse to grow up !"

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #5773 on: April 01, 2012, 20:39:37 »
Planted two rows of Rocket spuds. Still can't get my rows anything like as neat as the old chaps but never mind!

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #5774 on: April 01, 2012, 21:51:45 »
Deadheaded some prims, polys and daffs, discovering the odd slug that went into the middle of the lawn for the birds.

Fleeced all the seedlings in the greenhouses and some of the plants outside tonight, plus put on the greenhouse heater.....again, but after all it is only the beginning of April.

Ninnys

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
« Reply #5775 on: April 01, 2012, 23:21:41 »
Planted out the sweet peas on the lottie and weeded,weeded,weeded....
Sowed courgettes and butternuts in the greenhouse at home and more black krim toms,
Brr it's cold tonight  :(
sanity is overated

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #5776 on: April 02, 2012, 00:13:11 »
went to the plot holders meeting to day ,, grate granddad k and i granddad k got asked to go on the comity to day. we got more spuds in and some Brussels and Cabbages in,, cleaned out pound and lots of watering up,

Brussels is it that time already??

antipodes

• Hectare
  • W. France, 5m x 20m (900 ft2)
    • My allotment blog
« Reply #5777 on: April 02, 2012, 11:14:20 »
Put up some wigwams for the future runner beans, sowed some more lettuce, picked a few radishes and watered the others (lacking rain here).
2012 - Snow in February, non-stop rain till July. Blight and rot are rife. Thieving voles cause strife. But first runner beans and lots of greens. Follow an English allotment in urban France: http://roos-and-camembert.blogspot.com

green lily

• Hectare
« Reply #5778 on: April 02, 2012, 19:09:45 »
Drained the water in the big tanks into the poly bins so any rain'll have plenty of room.
Planted out some parsley plants I reckon their roots'll be warmer in the ground than in pots.
Re potted some patio roses i should have done in the winter.
Covered potatoes with 2 layers of fleece as well as the French beans in the poly coz its definitely cold but no rain so far and the beeps maps are getting more and more vague about rain around here.
I wish, I wish...it would rain for 3 days and then the sun come out so I could sow my seeds without using a watering can ::) Wouldn't it be wonderful ;D

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #5779 on: April 02, 2012, 20:36:37 »
FINISHED THE DIGGING!...on plot 1 at least.....thankfully plot 2 is a lot "cleaner" anyway and I won't need most of it until May cos it's tagged for beans, peas and sweetcorn.... so the Broad beans "Express" will be going out soon, followed by the Masterpiece Green Longpods and I've got a load of Telefono (tall) adn Hurst Greenshaft (short but gorgeous) peas to go out soon so need to sort out the frames/twigs for them this weekend and get them in.... starting to think we could do with some rain tho.....

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal