Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 875315 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #4380 on: February 14, 2011, 15:20:37 »
sowed mixed radish, red spring onions, cylindra beetroot and round carrots under the cloche on the hot bed, just enough space for 3 potatoes next week.  ;D
planted up a goji berry, hazel tree and weeded the onion bed and spring cabbage, fed them and raked over 2 of the potato beds. Also positioned some tyres in the squash/courgette bed  ;D

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #4381 on: February 14, 2011, 17:13:54 »
frustratingly nothing. Boys were due to go to preschool, but this bug thats going round has knocked one of them for six so he was home all shivery shakey with a temp.

Heres to hoping that they are better by wednesday as thats supposed to be another ice sunny day here

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4382 on: February 14, 2011, 18:37:53 »
Cleared out the lottie shed and F##k me would you Adam and Eve it, I found a 1/4 sack of Cara's buried under all my nuts, can I say nuts, is nuts OK, yes are you sure, right, where was I, a bag of Cara's that I had forgot about, I thought my spuds had gone down quickly, oh and I forgot yesterday I repaired my builders bag and 1/4 filled it with leaf mould, manure, 2 year old turf soil and council compost, I hate it when the compost gets tipped next to your plot, I keep throwing shovel fulls on will the vultures struggle up to the other end of the lottie with it, priceless.     :P :P :P
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
« Reply #4383 on: February 14, 2011, 18:45:27 »
you forgot to mention the fire you played with as well  ;D

tipped 2 big bins of 2 year old compost onto the garden and spread it around and then it rained and set it all in nicely thank you

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #4384 on: February 15, 2011, 17:47:18 »
transplanted carnations and sowed celeriac, hungarian hot wax peppers and red horn long peppers in the propagator . tidies up in the polytunnel and then went for a cuppa in the communal one as it poured  down  :)

calendula

• Hectare
    • homeopathy
« Reply #4385 on: February 16, 2011, 14:43:22 »
glorious here today but decided to stay home and sow some seeds - melons and aubergines, mainly using or getting rid of old seeds so not expecting much but sod's law will probably have a welcome glut instead  ;D

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #4386 on: February 16, 2011, 16:44:32 »
was to be digging.

Instead I found that my compost heap had been demolished, and my pallets i'd been saving had been burned. saws, lighters, glass and metal poles had been left all over my plot. Ok I have reasonable evidence and a witness to who was responsible and if I caught hold of them i'd be wearing thier crown jewels as ear ornaments.

So I spent my afternoon clearing up

jimtheworzel

• Hectare
  • PRESTON Gateway to the north
    • http://peterfell-petergarden.blogspot.co.uk/
« Reply #4387 on: February 16, 2011, 16:56:05 »
sowed my leeks and onions to day

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #4388 on: February 16, 2011, 17:07:38 »
Snap... and some broad beans I put to soak..  :)

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #4389 on: February 16, 2011, 18:18:54 »
Put a small, blue pipe fleece cloche over my shallots that I planted last week.   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #4390 on: February 16, 2011, 18:39:39 »
transplanted some lettuce for leaves into a trough, plus transplanted some more carnations  :)

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #4391 on: February 16, 2011, 18:53:01 »
Made sure that the cloche was still over the tattie challenge patch. Did
tidying and a bit of digging. Planted 2 climbing roses that had been waiting in pots during the cold weather.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #4392 on: February 16, 2011, 19:25:17 »
Buried some old brassica stalks.  Sowed some Nantes Frubund which has been chitting on the windowsill and covered with bottle cloches to stop the deer treading on them.

Did a bit more to sort out the front garden I think I am finally winning.  One bit is still a bit of a mess but I have decided to dig in all in and plant some spuds to clean it up.

salvation plot

• Not So New ...
  • My hanging basket last year.
« Reply #4393 on: February 16, 2011, 20:26:33 »
I finally finished putting up my greenhouse in the back garden, instructions were all over the place, its taken me 3 days, thankgod its over  ;D

Morris

• Acre
  • This is Morris! North Hampshire
« Reply #4394 on: February 16, 2011, 21:15:45 »
Instead I found that my compost heap had been demolished, and my pallets i'd been saving had been burned. saws, lighters, glass and metal poles had been left all over my plot. Ok I have reasonable evidence and a witness to who was responsible and if I caught hold of them i'd be wearing thier crown jewels as ear ornaments.

That's terrible, I am so sorry  :(   I hope you managed to get it all sorted out and the people responsible get the trouble they deserve.

calendula

• Hectare
    • homeopathy
« Reply #4395 on: February 17, 2011, 13:08:26 »
finished deconstructing a large compost bin and spread its contents over one of the fruit beds, fantastic stuff it was too, finished yet another bed (only 6 more now  ;D) and sowed some more seeds in the green house - red aquilegias, yellow aquilegias, ragged robin, hellebores and some mizuna, came home and sat in the sun soaked garden for a while

I find it really upsetting when I read about misfortunes that some have on their plots - we do have some vandalism but not much so sympathies are expressed and hope things improve

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #4396 on: February 17, 2011, 17:43:30 »
transplanted some sweet peppers   :)

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #4397 on: February 17, 2011, 17:51:01 »
met with head honcho of the allotment dept at my plot today regarding the problems on my plot. As no one has actually caught the yob in question and made a statement they cant actually accuse him, even though the evidence is scattered all over his plot.  So only a letter is going to go out to all plot holders on our site. Not really going to help.

anyway today I almost got a whole bed dug over,  could have done with ten mins more on plot but school run called. Will finish that hopefully at the weekend - the plot not the school run- its OK I havent abandoned the twins anywhere even though one is really winding me up  >:(
 -

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #4398 on: February 19, 2011, 10:43:13 »
 Fed up of hanging around waiting for the weather to improve, so I decided to sow my Chillies, Leeks , Cabbage and Caulies in trays, :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
« Reply #4399 on: February 19, 2011, 15:28:10 »
cleared up the paths and planted up 2 beds of home guard spuds in the tunnel and replaced the cardboard over them, transplanted lots of sweet peas and took some oregano and thyme cuttings  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal