Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 873029 times)

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #3560 on: April 23, 2010, 11:28:03 »
Moved some bits into the mini greenhouse, weeded and noticed flowers on my Broad Beans  ;D
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3561 on: April 23, 2010, 11:55:30 »
We finally got our Canadian mini lottie and started working on it, digging it over seemed to be easy as the ground is very easy to dig and full of worms, no perennial weeds. We have cleared all the junk off, knocked  down a sort of gazebo thing held together with wire and plastic bags, today we started to lay out paths and get ready for building raised beds.. coming along well so we are  very pleased.XX.Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #3562 on: April 23, 2010, 12:31:33 »
Watered it!   :o

Sandy soil, no rain, plenty of sun and a steady breeze for six days - even the pond is looking low.  Not funny.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

SMP1704

• Hectare
  • Isleworth, Middlesex
    • Allotment Life
« Reply #3563 on: April 23, 2010, 13:17:13 »
Not much with my torn ligaments :'(

But with the aid of my crutch, I am surprising mobile.  I am working from home today - mostly responding to emails, so I'm wondering when I could reasonably have a POETS moment.  I have peas chitting that desperately need planting.  I'm thinking I could shuffle along on my derriere.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3564 on: April 23, 2010, 13:24:04 »
..at least you have couple of dibbers handy ;) ;D

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #3565 on: April 23, 2010, 14:25:20 »
We finally got our Canadian mini lottie and started working on it, digging it over seemed to be easy as the ground is very easy to dig and full of worms, no perennial weeds. We have cleared all the junk off, knocked  down a sort of gazebo thing held together with wire and plastic bags, today we started to lay out paths and get ready for building raised beds.. coming along well so we are  very pleased.XX.Jeannine

would love to see a photo!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3566 on: April 23, 2010, 15:45:32 »
finished off marking prices on hanging baskets for next week, transplanted my dwarf french beans and watered everything in the poly  ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #3567 on: April 23, 2010, 16:12:09 »
In toilet roll cardboard cylinders, I sowed mangetout peas that had developed shoots whilst sandwiched in some damp kitchen roll indoors.    Picked some nettles to make fertiliser with, planted and transplanted some herbs and did a little bit of digging.

I am about to go to the greenhouse to sow my sugar snap and Victorian peas. 

GrannieAnnie

• Hectare
  • in Delaware, USA growing zone 6 or 7
« Reply #3568 on: April 23, 2010, 16:54:40 »
Found clumps of cat fur all over the garden-  territory wars this AM
Found fox poop in various places and one dug up a tomato (maybe smelled bone meal)?

Mixed up some planting mix in holes for squash.

Weeded out rampant ivy and found one (only) volunteer poppy! Don't you love volunteers?

Rinsed off some squash seeds I'd planted last week to see if they're germinating (they are but slowwwwly.)

The handle on your recliner does not qualify as an exercise machine.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3569 on: April 23, 2010, 20:21:54 »
Sowing bit of this and that..watering...planting....delivering yet more tomato plants..and having good argument with neighbour in then lottie next door..."Mrs Buket" was being argumentative mood and this time I could not hold my cool anymore so she had what has been coming to her for long while now...it was long due and now she knows that I'm not to be messed with.....there! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mortality

• Hectare
« Reply #3570 on: April 24, 2010, 13:45:55 »
Filled the Windowgrow I won (from Greenhouse Sensations) with some compost and sowed the Lettuce seeds (Red Salad Bowl), Radish seeds (Scarlet Globe) and some of the Dig In mixed Salad Leaves, then left it out in the garden.

Planted out Cabbage (Greyhound), French bean (Dig In - Blue Lake), Onion (Red Baron), Onion (Rijnsburger 5), and some Shallots (Paris Silverskin) seedlings.

Re potted one of the Tigerella tomato plants, a Courgette plant (Dig In - Black Beauty) and a Cucumber plant (White Wonder).
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3571 on: April 24, 2010, 14:06:21 »
not much yet...spent morning in lottie shop..and we shifted "boat load" of stuff...lovely..now I'm having my well earned coffee break and then start round 2.
Plan is to sow some salsify, scorzonera, carrot and peas...oh and some radish..and...well we see.. ;D

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #3572 on: April 24, 2010, 14:41:44 »
Just planted my 10 gijnlim and 10 backlim asparagus  :)

About to get some garlic in (only just delivered today - hope they'll be ok).

Going to sow some squashes and courgettes.

Happy happy happy.

Alison

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #3573 on: April 24, 2010, 19:04:58 »
Sowed lots of flower seeds - limnanthes, calendula, tagetes, linum, sunflowers, nigella, sweet peas, cornflowers, poppies and ornamental rye grass.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3574 on: April 24, 2010, 20:45:58 »
Sowedcorinader and parsnips.Potted up some sweet peppers. Cut down aclematis which was swamping my trellies and my crab apple- quite a job but lots more light in that area now!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3575 on: April 24, 2010, 20:50:26 »
I had a good planting out session this afternoon, purple podded peas, calendula seedlings, banana shallots, clumps of pink torpedo onions and then had a good watering session too as the topsoil is really very dry everywhere...
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3576 on: April 24, 2010, 20:53:06 »
planted out the banana shallots, potted on 100 gardener's delight tomato sedlings, 100 nemophila white seedlings, planted up a few more baskets, got 63 now  ;D
priced some of the trays of bedding up, phew, getting closer now  ;D

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #3577 on: April 24, 2010, 22:14:40 »
watered a lot
You couldn't make it up!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3578 on: April 25, 2010, 21:16:28 »
Sowed two 6 foot wigwams of french beans.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Mortality

• Hectare
« Reply #3579 on: April 26, 2010, 16:34:51 »
Pulled out loads of bluebell leaves, literally filled up my composter with them and put the rest in an unused corner.  ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal