Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 876561 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2007, 21:25:22 »
I planted 15 sweet chestnut trees.    ;D

Only 75 to go in now.  They are 15 each of beech, silverbirch, oak, wild cherry and field maple.

There's one way of wiping out your carbon footprint.

bupster

• Hectare
    • Plot Holes
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2007, 21:28:04 »
Dug more and hoiked out yet more perennial weeds, planted four rows of garlic, came home just past lunchtime with plenty of time to clean bathroom  :-[
For myself I am an optimist - it does not seem to be much use being anything else.

http://www.plotholes.blogspot.com

louise stella

• Hectare
  • We're half way there Mum!!!!!
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2007, 22:43:47 »
Nowt today - torrential rain saw to that!!

Busy tomorrow - so am going to be selfish and squeeze in a visit on tuesday!
( I say selfish - because I usually give in when people ask me to do things/help/visit etc etc and give up my precious time toooo easily)

Louise
XX
Grow yer bugger grow!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #183 on: December 09, 2007, 17:01:08 »
I a cream crackered now.
Took delivery of 50 bags of mushroom compost in the week, its been too wet to move it to my plot, so it was left stacked and covered outside of one of Saddads plots at the top end of the site.

I really couldn't face humping it all up and down the hill so I cheated, and bribed the kids to help me.....they did it with really good humour, we all got completely filthy and they even helped me spread most of it on my raised beds and the front plot that didn't get any last year.....so they are happy as the have some Christmas money to buy friend pressies, and I'm happy 'coz it didn't break my back doing it all by myself! ;D

I really do need to have a little lie down now..... ::)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #184 on: December 09, 2007, 17:04:34 »
Finally got out in the garden and did soe tidying up. Don't you hate getting leaves up off gravel! Still, it does look better and after the non-stop rain yesterday it was quite a pleasant afternoon with a lovely sunset.

keith evo

• not my allotment yet
« Reply #185 on: December 09, 2007, 17:16:24 »
Potted leeks on into 4" pots and started onion seed off,moved peas and broad beans into cold greenhouse,hope it isn`t a long winter paraffin has gone up £1-50 a gall to £3-50 :o

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #186 on: December 09, 2007, 17:18:52 »
hiya, keith, welcome to the site..
we have had torrential rain for the last 3 days and today, been to take out the in laws, both 89 for lunch..still, tomorrow, forecast dry and cold so we're going..watch out, it'ss pour down now  ;D

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #187 on: December 09, 2007, 18:57:24 »
Didn't realise I could still grow leeks at this time of year- are they going to be indoors or out?

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #188 on: December 09, 2007, 19:04:06 »
I delivered 3 fruit trees and 2 bags of "farmyard" manure to my daughter for her allotment in Greenwich, but she was so ill, the weather is so foul, her babies are so intensive, that we could only dump them in her small back garden. My own allotments are very neglected at the moment.

grotbag

• Hectare
  • granddaughter(miya) in Christchurch,Dorset
« Reply #189 on: December 09, 2007, 19:17:52 »
hi all,been raining all day here managed to nip out and refill bird feeders,and that was it,I HATE DAYS LIKE THIS

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #190 on: December 09, 2007, 19:30:24 »
Nowt on my plot, but had a go with Big Bro's rotovator with a view to borrowing it to rotovate the manure in. He obviously thinks I'm not going to be able to control it, (it's ancient but it goes) so he has volunteered to come and do it for me. RESULT! ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #191 on: December 09, 2007, 19:40:30 »
b*****r all: I'm still croaking like a geriatric frog so that I would play safe and  stay in. Also helping number 2 son with his assignment for uni. Good that all these years of teaching experience count for something... ;)

silverbirch

• Acre
  • My body is a temple - but so is the acropolis.
« Reply #192 on: December 09, 2007, 20:39:01 »
Managed to dodge the showers to get enough veg in for the week.  Met a fellow plot holder who provided me with some garlic, as mine all rotted.  He said it's called German Red, so I've got a few cloves going in the greenhouse to try it out.

Lazy weekend all round really, son had both rugby matches called off due to waterlogged pitches.

Actually drew up a sowing plan as well, and despite all the offers and orders STILL managed to miss a few things - cougettes, spring cauli, White Lady runners.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #193 on: December 09, 2007, 20:52:46 »
Nowt here an all....
Snap SilverBirch... rained off Rugby...
Does that mean it's all gone Deb? Roy had a Strimmer/mower stolen any other signs of "borrowers?"
 :-\

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #194 on: December 09, 2007, 21:32:23 »
Nowt here an all....
Snap SilverBirch... rained off Rugby...
Does that mean it's all gone Deb? Roy had a Strimmer/mower stolen any other signs of "borrowers?"
 :-\

Didn't see a soul the whole time we were around, 12 midday to about 3.15pm, both gates were closed the whole time we were there too....There was a lot of tools lying around at the top though, we borrowed a broom to sweep up after ourselves!  Left you a few bags of mushroom compost just inside your top plot gate. Am still knackered.... :-\
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #195 on: December 09, 2007, 21:55:06 »
Harvested 170 kilos of olives, which are off to the mill tomorrow, tilled a plot and sowed some rye grass fodder (green manure) real paid work is hectic & stressful but weekends are back breakng!!  roll on crimbo holidays!!!!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #196 on: December 09, 2007, 22:03:51 »
Harvested 170 kilos of olives

WOW! :o :o :o

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #197 on: December 09, 2007, 22:19:05 »
Mmmmm..... I've been snacking on them all afternoon. ;D ;D ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #198 on: December 10, 2007, 00:03:47 »
hi guys,

Well i have not been on the plot now for almost a month and i feel crappy about it. I am worried that the onions and garlic i planted 6 weeks ago are ok. I have elephant garlic started in peat pots ready to move to the big site just waiting now.

I have not even emptyed my shed before the winter when it might blow over and scater everything all over the place :(

artichoke hope the family is feeling better :)

Biscome good harvest how many bottle of olive oil do you get?

Cambourne7

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #199 on: December 10, 2007, 19:56:32 »
 :)went to plot for first time in 3 weeks,

fed the wild cats,

vandalism again, a few folks have had greenhouses smashed and chickens killed,getting fed up with this,/shades x

grow your own way

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal