Author Topic: Jersey Plants Direct  (Read 1462 times)

KevB

• Hectare
  • Now where did I Plant those Seeds
Jersey Plants Direct
« on: August 30, 2007, 16:58:58 »

Has anyone any experience of these people, before I Order, makes a change i usually  find out the problems later!!

www.jerseyplantsdirect.com

thanks for the help
Kev
If I wasn't Gardening I'd be shopping!! thank God for Gardening!!

ACE

• Hectare
Re: Jersey Plants Direct
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 06:58:03 »
I have never used them, but I get a lot of stuff over the internet from the channel islands, motorcycle parts, dvd's and any thing else I can get because of the lack of vat.

They must be really geared up to internet selling over there as usually my orders are here in a couple of days.

I live on the IW and the internet is a great way to get to a wider market so they would be silly to mess you about as they cannot have a big customer base with the locals.

Go for it, after all your credit card gives you insurance if it all goes wrong, let us know how you get on.

luckydog

• Half Acre
  • Montgomeryshire
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 13:00:50 »
I bought summer bedding plugs from them last year.  Lovely plants, quick delivery, no probs at all.  Will def use again.

grannyjanny

• PMs
  • Hectare
  • Lives in Cheshire. Light sandy soil. Loves no dig.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 20:29:58 »
I heard about them last week on one of the gardening sites. I ordered pansies, violas, wallflowers & a surprise. The wall flower arrived today & they are lovely plants. There wasn't any p&p either.  The pansies are the ruffled one & the seeds are expensive. They were £10 for 160 plants.
Janet.

KevB

• Hectare
  • Now where did I Plant those Seeds
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 07:57:10 »
Thanks again for your help and advice, i will let you know how i get on!
Cheers Kev
If I wasn't Gardening I'd be shopping!! thank God for Gardening!!

MrsKP

• Hectare
  • Sunny Glasgow
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 06:59:59 »
Only just seen this thread, but have first hand experience.

Mum ordered me 70 plugs each of wallflowers, pansies and primroses.

Pansies and primroses arrived in good condition and have grown on reasonably well.  Lost a few of the weaker primroses and the pansies appear to like being in smaller pots/troughs than in the whisky barrel (where they're still quite spindly and wee) although blooming quite well.

Someone had it in for the wallflowers though.  First box arrived half sat upon.  I managed to rescue about half the tray and they have grown really well and have now been planted out.  The second replacement box arrived in much the same state as the first and I didn't get round to potting them on until last night, so some went in direct and the remainder of the less crushed specimens were potted up to act as spares if the direct ones don't make it.

Customer service was friendly and helpful and sent the second box with no quibbles.  Not actually been back to them yet to tell them about the state of the second box, as I have more than enough now.  They thanked me for letting them know about the damage as they'd had more than one complaint about the postal service.

Overall impressions, not bad and the pansy plugs were a hellova lot better than mine grown from seed.

;D

There's something happening every day  @ http://kaypeesplot.blogspot.com/ & http://kaypeeslottie.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal