Author Topic: At last  (Read 1643 times)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
At last
« on: October 06, 2007, 14:30:06 »
I have been hoping that I would get finches  visiting my feeding station for the past 2 years. I have loads of sparrows, starlings, collared doves and a couple of blackbirds, oh and green finches. Just over a week ago I had 2 finches visit, I mailed Pauline7 and described them and she suggested Siskins (Thanks Pauline) I googled and I am sure they are Siskins, I looked out the kitchen window just now and there are 5 on the feeders, YIPEE such excitement not good for my blood pressure ;D
Lorna.
PS Can't get near enough to take photo.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: At last
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2007, 15:56:13 »
that's it now, lorna, you'll be inundated with them ..they are lovely though, aren't they ?  ;D

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 17:58:55 »
That's great news, Lorna, I'm really pleased for you.   :)  I have no idea what birds I have in my garden any more (only that they are very hungry ones) because I can't see the feeders now that the 'dwarf' Buddleia has decided it would rather be a giant.   ;)

G x 
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 19:41:26 »
I am so so pleased for you Lorna.  At last something special has turned up for you.  The Siskins tend to feed upside down, if they do that they are def. Siskins.  Maybe the goldfinches will turn up next.  Great Stuff.   ;D ;D ;D

greenscrump

• Acre
  • Rye, East Sussex
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 19:52:33 »
Yay! I spend way too much time gazing at the feeders !!  If you have siskins you may soon get greenfinches - I'm sure they all tell each other where the best places to eat are !  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 20:17:22 »
Yes Georgie all the birds seem to be very hungry, surprised me a bit as we haven't hit the cold weather yet. I think I must have had more that 2 from the beginning, they have eaten all the nyjer seed (4perch feeder) in 24hours. I am so pleased.

Carol,  Pauline sent me PM and mentioned the same as you that I will probably get
goldfinches next. Can't wait.

greenscrump I know the feeling, keep gazing out of my kitchen window. I couldn't wait to tell Joshua about the 5 visitors when he returned from watching Peterborough playing football this afternoon.
Lorna.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal