Author Topic: flower box's  (Read 3699 times)

sutton girl

• Half Acre
flower box's
« on: October 04, 2007, 20:23:12 »
Hi i wondered if you could help me with this isue i have put up 3 flower box's on my allotment fence  the fence is on the road side but still in my boundery the commitee has asked me to take them down as the say they would cause some sort of obstruction to cars using the access road although the road at least well over 7ft wide they are also saying that the allotment insurance will have to pay if they damage their cars i always though that you took your car onto the allotment at your own risk and your allotment insurance had nothing to do with clamming for your car if it get damaged please could you advice me on this subject please as i dont want to take my flower pot down i think it is only one allotment holder that is complaining .
Sue

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: flower box's
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 20:27:07 »
What miserable sods!  ::)

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 20:34:33 »
Thank oli i agree with you  i have a appealed agaist this at the moment
Sue

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 20:35:58 »
what a lot of gits, hope you win the appeal,  :-\

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 20:45:20 »
Thank's
Sue

springs

• Half Acre
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 21:19:32 »

I take it you have rules and a committee, is there any thing in there about flower boxes. If not your OK to put them up on your plot. no rules broken.
we had one person objecting to me wining the allotment cup because i had flowers on one end of the plot. He said allotments were for veg only. All the best and ask to see the rules.

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 10:51:48 »
Son many people now have flowers on their plots (and it's not just companion planting) not to mention the odd bit of lawn, that the committee voted to change the rules from "for growing vegetables and fruit" to "mainly growing vegetables and fruit "

....lucky that, as my OH has roses, dahlias and gladdies  :)

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 15:51:41 »
Hi i want to know if you take your car onto the allotment at your own risk
as the are saying that if anyone dammages their car the allotment insurance will have to pay  do's anyone know the allotment rules on this matter thanks
Sue

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 19:44:35 »
And what would the committee make of a plot full of Dahlia, Canna, Mirabilis, Cardoon, Zinziber, Typhonium, Nasturtium, Borage, ....... etc.

It's all food.

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 07:23:07 »
The box's are  not exactly in my plot but on the fence on the roadside fence what one person  is  saying is that  car will hit the box's when they go down the road even though the road is13ft wide and at the start of the road itnarrows it is11ft so where my allotment is it's wider this person has now been to the council and said he has hit his car on my box's which is a lie no mark on my box's taking  that the box's are only 12 inches wide  that is why i would like to find out if your car is covered by your allotment insurance  if you take your car onto an allotment because it looks like he is blackmailing the committee and the council who at the percent still run the allotment until April next year when we go self sufictant  and run it our self so it look as if he has got what he want for me to take the flower box's down.
Sue

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 18:23:29 »
Lost apeal over flower pot on fence but found out that the person who was complaing about them is 2ft over his bondery on his allotment so he has to move the fence and his water but in he has got alot of work to do seve's him wright for complaining abot a little thing like flower box's.
Sue

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 19:59:28 »
glad he's paying for his tiny mind  ;D

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 20:15:01 »
What goes around, comes around  ::)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2007, 13:53:10 »
That's what i said what go's around come's around. he went home from the allotment with his tail between his legs  he had forgoten he had pinched 2ft og would you belive it the new cemertry land .
Sue

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2007, 14:05:30 »
Sorry you lost your appeal.  Serve the miserable rat right.  Hope his jobs are difficult and time consuming!  Perhaps he should learn to drive straight or perhaps get glasses so he can judge more accurately the width of his vehicle and drive accordingly on the road provided.  11ft is pretty wide as I recall - how could he not avoid your boxes? 
Twinkletoes

sutton girl

• Half Acre
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 14:51:59 »
Yes he should get some new spec's i just think he wanted the council to make me take them down  as he has had a go at me once before when i wanted to put some flower at the bottem of the fence and i told him to mind his own bisness and wind his neck in  so i think he was trying to get one back at me.
Sue

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 14:55:03 »
Well, I'm worried that we have people driving around that are unable to see a bloody great flower pot hanging on a fence. Surely he should have his licence taken away?!?!

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 15:03:47 »
Perhaps we can send the copper who wound ACE up about smoking whilst driving around to see the bloke and deal with his apparent ability to see large flower pots in front of him - perhaps the wee devil was actually driving too fast at the time too!
Twinkletoes 

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal