Author Topic: Last Minute Booking Hols  (Read 6716 times)

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Last Minute Booking Hols
« on: September 11, 2007, 11:22:55 »
 We intend to go away in October, and wouldn't mind a last minute cheapish deal. Had a good old Google, and not really come across anything suitable. I hate big Hotels and lots of noise. We're thinking of Cyprus.
Can anyone recommend a good site to look at for last minute hols?
Smile, it confuses people.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Last Minute Booking Hols
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 16:50:15 »
Thanks Lauren, that's great. I'll have a good look after Silent Witness. ;D

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 20:02:02 »
I use www.easyjethotels.com to book hotels / rooms, but these prices are for your accommodation only - flights etc have to be added but still they are a bargain: 

I'm off to Majorca during half term in May 08 with the family (4 of us) and it's only costing £216 in total NOT per person (self catering) for the hotel (one bedroom apartment with sleeping accomodation in the lounge too, so the kids will have their own room) and the flights will only come to around £150 all in using a cheapo provider, so instead of paying in excess of £800 through a regular tour operator we will only spend around £600 including spending cash!!  Bargain!!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 20:21:25 by SnooziSuzi »
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 20:07:20 »
Personally I think it is better to book with a low cost airline, hire a car and find accommodation through the internet.  You are obviously well used to 'surfing the net' and I can bet in October you can get a fab holiday without being treated as cattle traffic.  Monarch fly to Cyprus for really low flights costs.  

When we went it was cheaper to hire the car for the week than the additional transfer fees offered by the operator.  Hotel was so poo (stank of smoke) that we paid the upgrade to a better hotel.  I bet you could go somewhere really different, better accommodion just by traveling independently.  No way will I ever be treated like an also-ran at the end of the season in a poor hotel.  Use the internet and I bet you can have a fab holiday for the less than the cost of a 'package holiday'.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 20:20:42 »
Years ago teletext holidays were really cheap, (ibiza for a family of 4 all in £98 ) but now you spend hours looking at all the bargains only to find that the one you want does not exist. But they can offer a good deal on another. The good deal sounds great until you add on airport tax, late booking fee, credit card fee, luggage handling fee, transfer costs and anything else they think they can get away with. Only to end up in an apartment  in the back of beyond.

You have been given some good advice on this forum, sort your own holiday. It is so easy on the net.

Look at the hotel reviews on the lonely planet or something similar, they are usually spot on.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 21:09:52 »
E maggie, try Googling the Last Minute Club, I don'[t know if it is still on the go but about 10 years ago it was a wonderful way of getting a very cheap holiday.XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 21:36:05 »
Teletext page 299, for Italy & then you can look at lots of different places , we have booked a few from teletext good value.   A tip always say is that your best offer they always come down a bit more , give it a go.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 22:42:15 »
You lovely people!! Thanks for all your help. It seemed that I was looking at the same places no matter which site I looked at, and some reviews were not good! I felt sure there had to be others that offered something different. As I've never done this on the net before, a little help has gone a long way. ;) ;D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 13:56:57 »
And don't forget good old lastminute.com, if it's real last minute bargains you want, some crackers can be found on there with a good dig about  :)  Good luck!

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 15:47:38 »
Thanks SBlue, on the case BIGtime now. ;D ;D

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2007, 18:35:39 »
 Tone and I are going to Tunisia for a 2 week all inclusive holiday. the first one for 4 years. The hotel is as quiet as you want it to be. There is entertainment if you want to partake but peace and quiet if thats what you want. The Tunisian people are very hospitable(not at all british) We have been back to the same hotel 8 times in the last 12 years. Although we havent been for 4 years we will get the same welcome that we always did. It's just like going home. We don't really want to take chances at our age pmsl
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

petengade

• Acre
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2007, 04:29:34 »
Try Northern Cyprus, it is so unspoilt,  the Greek side is similar to Benidorm, had a house on the Turkish side for ten years, get some ideas from http://www.gonorthcyprus.com/quotes.asp     Kyrenia or Girne as it is now called is beautiful, you can rent a car from Sun car hire 100yds from the Dome hotel and do day trips around the island, hope this helps,
 B&B is out unless you want to share with a goat.  ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal