Author Topic: grape vine cuttings wanted  (Read 2149 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
grape vine cuttings wanted
« on: August 06, 2007, 19:48:03 »
is anyone growing any of these, we would be glad to buy a couple of them, depending on the variety  :)

Smileyk

• Quarter Acre
Re: grape vine cuttings wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:56:31 »
Well we have a vine in the greenhouse but I haven't a clue what type it is as it hasn't given us grapes yet. This is it's second year and it's taking over the greenhouse! If you can tell me how to take a cutting then I'll gladly sort one out for you - if that is any help! ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 10:03:39 »
Hi Manics you are welcome to cuttings from my Black Hamburg if you tell me how and when to do it. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 10:57:40 »
that's the trouble, Smiley and Jeannine, i don't know how, I've got a black hamburg, Jeannine, and another one someone gave me, no idea what it is..
anyway, our local garden centre has a sale on, I had to look, didn't I..we got two new ones, 2 years old for 99p each  :o
thanks anyway, maybe someone'll come and tell us all how to do it, in fact, I'll start a thread  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 15:29:52 »
Manics, I think you do it back end when pruning when dormant, sink in damp peat and overwinter. I think
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

petengade

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 15:10:27 »
I believe you can get plants by layering, thats where i got mine, from an old demolished green house,  a branch was under some brick rubble and had rooted so I cut it and planted in my greenhouse.

Read somewhere the gardeners working for rich families would layer branches with grapes on for displays on the dining table at partys.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal