Author Topic: BLUE TITS  (Read 6653 times)

gavin

• Hectare
  • Good gardening!
    • Growing Vegetables on an Allotment in Leeds
Re:BLUE TITS
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2004, 18:51:51 »
Spent yesterday on the new plot - what a b....y daft idea trying to dig couch-grass infested clay soil concrete on a HOT june sunday.

But it was nice watching the wren family in the shrubs at the end of the plot.  Had to keep very still - the slightest distraction, and little ones would forget to stop - and fly into things; or forget to put their legs down - and fall off the target branch.  Hilarious.  

All best - Gavin

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2004, 22:54:14 »
I now have a new mate on the plot, named Blackie by my daughter! (who pointed out the bird and I were both working hard to feed our babies!Ahh ;D)
Yes a blackbird that works about a foot away from me gathering worms and anything else that crawls..we love Blackie!!!
Poor thing must have a huge family to feed judging by the amount of worms he had in his beak at each visit, (approx 7, and a centipede!) Wife calls from the tree, and he is off!!!  
And the best thing, was as I was packing my tools in the car today, he was serenading me, from the top of my bean pole, like to think he was saying thankyou for all the grubs, but more likely thank goodness you are going, I can get on feeding my family in peace without you rabbiting away to me ;D Was a great thing to see this morning :) :D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

CotswoldLass

• Hectare
  • I love gardening!
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2004, 10:02:10 »
Lovely Doris! My neighbour has a  blackbird pair living close to the drive. As you walk up they both sing furiously as if to say ' excuse me, do you have an appointment here as you're disturbing us!' . Mine are a little quieter, but very much in evidence. Beautiful song!

CLx

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2004, 16:10:50 »
Unfortuantely I think Blackie has joined the big bird heaven in the sky :'(  A pile of feathers on my lottie, and my gardening mate nowhere to be seen for the past week. :'( :'( :'(

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2004, 16:21:08 »
AAAwwww No Dottie what a shame.Sorry bet you miss him .Perhaps he has just found another source of supply.Or is that just wishful thinking?
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2004, 17:36:56 »
Think it is just wishful thinking BB, as he visited quite a few of us, and no one has seen hide nor feather of him. :'(

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal