Author Topic: Where are you all?  (Read 4433 times)

claire

• Not So New ...
Re:Where are you all?
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 22:06:22 »
just as a matter of interest - what beeb site?  Missed that one (although I am annoyed that they seem to have removed the plant finder!)

gilgamesh

• Half Acre
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 11:35:57 »
They will still know that they were entirely correct in what they did - try listening to "Feedback" if you doubt that - and that it's US who are wrong. I'd sort of got here before the Great Defencestration, but I'm happy to see so many of the other denizens arriving.
Sumer is a coming in....

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 17:30:57 »
Well I go back with the beeb for quite a while,and have also posted here for some months now. Am also a long term `sofa loafer` it`s a great place and feel free to join us-but for garden matters this is No1.

Stephan

Val

• Hectare
  • I hate those mieces to pieces
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 18:03:45 »
Hi Plocket just seen your post, I don't think there's anyone left to persuade, Certainly no garden talk there.
"I always wanted to be somebody…but I should have been more specific."

tig

• Half Acre
  • .....HI.....
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2004, 22:20:39 »
welcome val and others as well ,  left the beeb myself cause i wasnt impressed by the way we had to finish posting by 12 , and this site seems to give more real time  . talk soon  :)

feet of clay

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 23:01:06 »
Hi Val!  The 'other' site seems to be grinding to a halt.  Chuff all new postings.  I like the feel of A4A and the speed it operates at (a son is web designer and can be critical of poor sites). Everyone seems friendly and I'm sure I'll find my way round soon. lol FOC

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2004, 08:12:18 »
It was the hours that bugged me most - especially the opening hours - frequently not open till after 11am at w/e, & 10am in the week. My hours are 5.30 - 8.30. AM!= Tim
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 08:14:33 by tim »

Granny_Smith

• Half Acre
  • Of course its me - who else could look like this ?
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2004, 11:02:53 »
Gave up on the beeb sites long ago - became stale and restricted. Much nicer here and most of the regulars migrated over here to be with 'Dan the man'.
Granny is still your best friend !

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2004, 11:12:10 »
Hello to all 'newbies' from the BBC boards. Glad to have you on board (lol).

I used to be a regular on the BBC messageboards, until i found A4All, I hardly ever go on the BBC site these days. There seems to be a totaly different group of people on there these days, whom i dont really get on with and the changes that have been made to the site itself recently are not for the better i fear. (still as slow as ever).  >:(

That said we have a great bunch of people on A4all, and i am sure you all will fit in in no time.

Welcome to the Club  ;D

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2004, 11:52:05 »
Well it seems we have a lot of old and new faces here, Its going to take time but I'll get used to it, I'm a bit of an old stick in the mud and technology scares the pants off me, but like the tortoise slow and steady wins the day. ;D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2004, 12:30:48 »
Don't worry Val - believe me, if I can do it anyone can ;D
Happy gardening all...........Pat

ken (69)

• Acre
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2004, 15:09:39 »
Thank you Rosebud, for the special welcome. For you, I will kill ze bull.

sweetpea

• Not So New ...
  • Love them veggies
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2004, 09:05:11 »
Just thought I let you know, another defector from the beeb has arrived, although not as well known as all you guys.  Tim helped me a lot with my new aspargus bed, thanks Tim is going great so far..Im sure I'll get used this site eventually, it's so big it's taking me ages to work my way round, so much to read and learn..Just come in from the garden, lots of damage to the plants with this high wind, as if there's not enough to be getting on with, anyway hope this posting works see you around guy's.  love debbiep.

Val

• Hectare
    • Wrinkles
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2004, 15:35:40 »
Hi Sweetpea, we got hit by the gales too, branches,leaves and a few pots everywhere but where they should be ,its still blowy today but not quite as much.Operation clean up!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal