Author Topic: Got another plot!!!  (Read 1907 times)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Got another plot!!!
« on: August 16, 2007, 00:52:28 »
Here we go again - I think it doesn't like the picture.  So this is the 3rd time of typing this message  >:( >:( >:( >:(

We've finally got our third plot (I already have two that I share with my sons, Taters and Sabretooth).  We wanted one where we could have a polytunnel, so had to go to another site, which is about 1.1/2 miles from home, rather than 5 mins walk. It's in not bad condition, the one next door is a million times worse.  Lovely site, country views and next to the railway line.

The polytunnel is on order and should be here next week, just in time for gathering the troops to put it up (weather permitting) bank hol weekend.  :D :D :D

I'll have another go at putting the pic up in another post.
The Tuscan Beaneater

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Got another plot!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 07:41:35 »
Excellent... there is so much more you can grow well with a polytunnel..
Any joy with the picture? Where should I look?
 ;D

MPG

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 08:03:07 »
hi ya saddad, take the oportunity to say hi, the pics in the gallery

MPG

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 08:09:05 »
am so sorry asbean, meant to post this first, the plot looks good, i want my plot now but will have to just keep waiting :( hi to you aswell.

Old bird

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 18:16:35 »

The polytunnel is on order and should be here next week, just in time for gathering the troops to put it up (weather permitting) bank hol weekend.  :D :D :D

How did it go?  I put my tunnel up in April and once you get the hang of it with a couple of blokes helpting it didn't take more than 3 weeks!!!

They said that they had put one up before!  Had they - heck!   Anyway - I am really pleased with my polytunnel - shame the council told me to take it down this October!!

I had asked permission and all - I am going to ignore them - I am sure that having given permission twice they can't make me take it down!  Anyway there is so much fun to be had inside the polytunnel - all the other lottie holders all want to come in and have a chat/warm up/dry out too!

What are you going to plant for over winter - I haven't really got far with planning any of that?

Good luck with it anyway.  Love to see pictures when you can get them up there!!

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 23:14:32 »
We're putting it up at the moment.  It's very slow.  Thursday we got most of the base plates in, and today we got three of the hoops up. But we gave up when the drill ran out of steam, and there are only the three of us (the troops vanished when they realised they had to do some physical work!) and we are close to killing each other.  I can't see us finishing tomorrow, which means we'll have to leave it unfinished till next weekend to get the cover and doors on.

I'm planning on putting winter salads in it, plus the outside plants which are tender, and some potatoes in buckets for Christmas.  We've got five raised beds planned - one for blueberrries (this bed will have to be excavated and refilled as we are on chalk), one for asparagus (to supplement the ones we already have established), one for flowers and the others will be incorporated into the rotation system such as it is.

It's an excellent site for train spotting, and the neighbouring plotholders are really nice, we're going to have a little drinks party with the couple next door when the tunnel is up.  The plot the other side is completely covered with weeds - they were waist high but the outgoing people strimmed it all down to ground level.  Apparently it got too much for them and they hadn';t done anything on the plot for three years!

Sorry they want you to take yours down Old Bird, after all that effort, you must fight for it.

If I get the energy I'll take some pics, though I tend to forget my phone has a camera until it's too late.

The Tuscan Beaneater

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal