Author Topic: My cat is fading!!!  (Read 1703 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
My cat is fading!!!
« on: August 10, 2007, 15:54:55 »
One of our cats is a tabby, she came to us earlier in the year as a 9 months old, very underweight  abused cat with emotional problems, she was very shabby looking with a dry brittle coat,very shabby looking.She would binge eat and throw up.

She lived upstairs in isolation for about three months but has very gradually ventured down, she now plays with my other cat and walks acrss the room where my Pekingese dogs are.

It took a while but she now has a glossy coat, is no longer timid,she is now spayed and is now eating normally, sits on knees etc, so we thought all was well but...................she has started to  fade, she was quite striped, now only her points are tabby, the rest of her is a solid colour, she is very small and  fine boned by the way.

Why would she fade, does anyone know, she is beginning to look very much like the Asian cats.

I am wondering if they asian cats stsrt striped and as they mature the stripes fade.

Weird.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
Re: My cat is fading!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 16:11:53 »
sorry cannot answer your question i expect a expert will be along soon but just wanted to say that my bob does the opposite the black goes brown and some stripes appear across his shoulders he does this every summer .he is in his 10th year now and was ailing and pathetic when he came to us at about a month old
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 16:22:14 »
the only things I can think of are either moulting out her winter coat, or turning lighter from sunbathing, like theothermarg's mog.
I'm not sure, but I think the Asian cats start off without their points, then they develop as they grow older.
(so nice that your mog's happy and healthy now :))

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 16:23:30 »
How odd!

Maybe it's one of those Chameleon Cats  ;D
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 18:39:26 »
She is not moulting, actually she is just growing coat as she has no undercoat at all when she arrived,she looked like hse had been up the vacuum cleaner,and it's not sun as she has only ventured in the garden in the last week or two.

Pretty odd is our Daisy
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Hot_Potato

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 23:02:19 »
Oh my!.....read the name of your topic Jeannine and immediately thought....oh no, not another poor cat....thought you mean't ........'away'!! :o

what a relief you're talking about her markings ::)

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 23:07:34 »
I thought the worst too - really glad she is healthy & turning into something wonderful - maybe she will ahve superpowers too.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal