Author Topic: I'm not a bit technical........!  (Read 1849 times)

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
I'm not a bit technical........!
« on: August 10, 2007, 08:18:59 »
I love the photos you all put on here. Is there a thread which  explains in very SIMPLE terms how to post photos?? ::)

YL

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Re: I'm not a bit technical........!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 09:21:12 »
Hi,

I have given you a trial membership of the photo uploading facility which exists on the site, there are other ways to do it, but I think this is the easiest!

If you have a look at this page,

http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/mediawiki/index.php/By_subscription

It explains how to post pictures using the facility.

Let me know if you have any questions, and I'm sure someone else will explain how to use another method.

Cheers

Dan

Yorkshire Lass

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 13:38:06 »
Thanks Dan, but it's as clear as mud ::)

Larkshall

• Hectare
  • Near Cambourne (Cambs.)
    • Ellis Rowell's Website
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 19:11:01 »
If you have webspace on your ISP (it usually has), then you can put your pictures on there and put a link on here to them.

Like this:- http://www.erowell.co.uk/peter.jpg
Organiser, Mid Anglia Computer Users (Est. 1988)
Member of the Cambridge Cyclists Touring Club

bluebedouin

• Quarter Acre
    • The Friendliest Auction Site On Earth !
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 01:36:10 »
I love the photos you all put on here. Is there a thread which  explains in very SIMPLE terms how to post photos?? ::)

YL
Edit: The best first step would be to print this message,then read & inwardly digest! The first step is to join Photobucket here
Once registered you can login to your account & upload pictures from your computer.
You'll see Upload to (your filename) then 3  blank lines with browse at the end.If you click the top 'browse' it will open up another window that shows all the pictures on your computer.Once you've found the picture you want,click it & then click open in that window.The window will then close & your selected picture will show to the left of the blank line with the title of your picture above it.There will be a grey message in the blank line that says 'click to add title'.Just put in anything appropriate,If you don't enter anything you get a pop up later asking you to,so you might just as well.If you want to upload another 2 pics just do the same again.
Below those three blanks is an 'Upload' button,click that & after a while you will see a yellow window that says 1 of 1 image (or however many were there) has /have uploaded.
If you then scroll down,you will see your picture(s),below this/these will be   

Share URL 'window with code in' 
URL Link     'window with code in'
HTML Tag   'window with code in'
IMG Code  'window with code in'
Click the 'URL Link' it should turn blue & a little yellow 'copied'  window will appear.
This is now saved on your clipboard & can be pasted wherever you want it.
So to put it on to here,either open a new thread or reply to a post & in the message window,the second line of bbc tags,second one in is insert image.Click that & you will see [*img][*/img] (I have had to put the asterisks in so you can see it on here).They are not part of the code.Right click & paste the url between the brackets & hopefully your picture will show.Any problems,please let me know. :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 01:43:31 by bluebedouin »

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal