Author Topic: access rules  (Read 2750 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
access rules
« on: August 04, 2007, 15:30:42 »
does anyone know if there is a rule about allowing vehicular access to allotments
as some of you know, four of our allotments were flattened to make way for a new club, our road went the same way and we have to carry, move in wheelbarrows and put on a flat truck, everything we need to take up there
we have to extend our land, fence around it, build a raised bed area and put up a 42 foot polytunnel..all this with no access for vehicles, should we have the right to bring on machinery ?..bearing in mind we used to have a road...
advic, please  :)

arphamoe

• Not So New ...
Re: access rules
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2007, 18:18:23 »
I suppose the basis of any rights are set out in the rules/terms of your tenancy agreement. Who owns the plots? If its Council, and by the sound of the description of new building etc, it probably is, why dont you speak to the 'landlord' i.e the Council. Get to know the Councillor who is responsible for the area where your allotment is and get him to look into the matter and take it up for you.
If it's privately owned, go direct to the landlord and ask him!!
Surprising what you can achieve if you go straight to the 'fountainhead'.
Good luck with your search, I know how hard it must be without direct access.
'Illegitimi nil carborundum'

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2007, 18:35:52 »
the allotment land is on club land that is leased from the council, so, does that mean it's private sites ?
I like the idea of getting on to the council, rather less the club, I'm afraid they have no interest in the plots, apart from the money we have to pay to rent them  :-\
thanks for your reply, arpha, I'll spread the word, see what we can come up with

arphamoe

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 19:02:05 »
If the club land is leased from the council, there must be some terms in whatever lease is assigned to them that will deal with access. The release of the land to the club must have gone through some form of process where details were worked out, particularly if some of the plots were taken.
looks like the route will be interesting!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal