Author Topic: tree ferns  (Read 2391 times)

ACE

• Hectare
tree ferns
« on: August 01, 2007, 19:01:35 »
I have had to plant loads of them this week and they are very heavy. I have to hug them to lift them out of their pots and put them in the hole.

I have come out in a terrible rash and I have a horrible sore throat.

Are there any health warnings out on these plants? The rash I have put down to them being very hairy and I was working in short sleeves, but my throat has got that bad I have given up smoking twice  this week.

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: tree ferns
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 22:30:26 »
ACE, sweetheart, shouldn't you be posing these questions to your GP, rather than on a gardening forum?

Get yourself off to your doctor.  PDQ.

He/she is the one that can answer your questions!!

valmarg

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 08:16:27 »

Get yourself off to your doctor.  PDQ.

And here's me thinking this was a serious thread!

If I tried for an appointment today it would be at least aweek before I could see him. I should be alright by then.

I have found the problem for the throat. A datura that is working overtime in the courtyard, sitting out there having a ciggie in these warm evenings is not a good idea.

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 18:38:51 »
Sorry ACE, it wasn't intended to be a joke, I keep forgetting that not every GP service is as fantastic as ours.

You want to see the GP the same day, you ring as soon after 9.00 a.m. as possible, and usually get an appointment for c. 11.00 a.m..  You can make an appointment to see him days in advance, unlike some of the horror stories you read about in the press.

Repeat prescriptions, you ring during morning surgery hours, and they will be ready for you to collect during the afternoon surgery (it is in walking distance as well).

Oh, and its not just improved in the past 10 years, it has been like it since we moved into the village 34 years ago.

Look after yourself ACE.

valmarg

Andy H

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 19:28:26 »
Given up smiking TWICE in a week! :o

Better dial 999 then! Must be serious :-X :-X :-X

Hope you are feeling better.

teresa

• Hectare
  • Happy gardening
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2007, 23:56:44 »
Me its asparagas fern I get the rash.
You could try a antihistimen cream or pririton tabs for hayfeaver they are very good.
We have to ring after 8.30 to stand a chance of a doc the same day, repeat perscriptions I post mine in they dont do it over the phone.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal