Author Topic: What A Week - Animal related!!!  (Read 2411 times)

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
What A Week - Animal related!!!
« on: July 27, 2007, 12:33:56 »
What A Week
1st - One of my chickens dies :(
2nd - Found half a rabbit behind sofa - hubby threw it in kitchen bin!!!!! 2 days later - maggots all over kitchen and pantry floor >:(
3rd - Whilst removing a large baking tray from oven, heard a "knock knock knock" made me jump (nobody ever knocks at our door), burnt my arm, went to front door, nobody there - then I spot a Green Woodpecker sitting on my fence, knocking on the back of my little jam sales shelf unit! :o
4th - the episode with the stoat, culminating with me stood in road, calling my cat, with a pair of enormous BBQ tongs in my hand and covered in beetroot juice! Must have looked like I'd just massacred something, and was looking for the next victim!  ???
5th - My one remaining chicken has learnt to fly! So tonight I've got to clip her wings!

Be glad to have a nice quiet, hopefully uneventful, weekend!

Kathi ;D
Kathi :-)

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: What A Week - Animal related!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 14:39:29 »
OK Kathi have decided to avoid driving past your house in the next few day, you may have reason to be in the road with those enormous BBQ tongs :)
Happy/peaceful weekend to you and Jon.
Lorna

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 15:05:14 »
Thanks Lorna, think I'll just try and avoid any animal exploits for the weekend!

Kathi

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 07:47:29 »
Ooo Kathi only clip ONE wing!!  If you want more chooks come to my place and take your pick, I have too many and wanting to cut down.

Rosyred

• Hectare
  • West London
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2007, 20:55:49 »
What a week sounds a bit like mine. Mean't to be going on holiday on Monday but my car broke down on Wednesday and I can't drive it at all and we use it to pull a trailler tent. The person who was going to look after the chickens can't now and I fell over a pushchair and hurt my knee. There is more but i'll leave it at that. :)

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 17:32:10 »
OO, only clipped one wing, and kept her in the taller fenced area for a day, will let her run out tomorrow to check if clipping has worked - thanks for offer on chickens, but really want Orpingtons, so I can eventually sell offspring!

Rosyred - hope your week away goes OK, I know what you mean about a c ar to tow a trailer tent, we have a folding camper, and could no way tow it with our second car - it's a Smart Car!!!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 17:59:37 »
When I was a kid dad clipped all of our chickens wings. Both sides!!! He didn't know that this just makes them fly at 3 times the normal speed! hahaha. I can still remember these kamikaze chooks zooming about the place, completely out of control.

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 18:19:19 »
Ollie C - LOL I love it, can picture it myself now! ;D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 20:24:20 »
What A Week
........ 2nd - Found half a rabbit behind sofa - hubby threw it in kitchen bin!!!!! 2 days later - maggots all over kitchen and pantry floor >:( ...................

Kathi ;D

Now what is John doing hiding half a rabbit behind the sofa?    ???  I bet he tried to put the blame on your two lovely putty tats.   ::) ;D ;D

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2007, 20:40:24 »
Well Jon does have strange hobbies - but we rae sure it was Kahlua!! ;D

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2007, 22:51:08 »
I have a black bantam orpington cockeral you can have he's gorgeous and was ringed but it fell off so couldnt give you his number as i didnt write it down.  he's as big as my LF orpington... but you cant have her as he is mums.

He's on the left, but much bigger now, photo taken about a year ago.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 22:56:12 by OliveOil »

prink13

• Hectare
  • Sleeping the day away!
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 10:25:37 »
MMmmmmm - now that does give me something to think about - Thanks, I'll get back to you by end of week one way or the other  :D

Kathi

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal