Author Topic: Fed up!  (Read 819 times)

Palustris

• Hectare
Fed up!
« on: July 14, 2007, 15:21:44 »
It looks like today is the only nice day for a while to come, so what am I doing sitting at the computer when I should be out gardening, comfort eating Crunch cream biscuits and drinking tea? Well, despite the Ceraprofen and the painkillers and the extremely uncomfortable, tight as a Victorian lady's corset, back support, my stupid back is screaming in agony. Actually it isn't, but I am, if you see what I mean. And. no it is not a nice simple slipped disc which could be helped by a Chiropractor. According to the local Orthopaedic Hospital (probably the best in Britain) there is nothing they can do. My spine is slowly collapsing and trapping various nerves as it goes.
Bet you anything you like, tomorrow it will rain solidly like it did yesterday and the pain will have gone down!
Me ? Fed up? Never!!!!!!!
Oh, and I did not put this in the Listening bit 'cos I am not after sympathy, only wrote it for something to do for 5 minutes (the length of time it takes to reach anywhere in the site at present).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007, 15:23:42 by Palustris »
Gardening is the great leveller.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
Re: Fed up!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2007, 15:39:27 »
OK Eric I won't sympathise with you (I do tell porkies) but really hope the pain soon eases. Blimey, on top of sciatica which I think you suffer from badly..don't you?
Ah!! the listening post.. I have just posted in there about my Grandson, how stupid am I? Must pay more attention meant it to be as a  normal shed post :)
Best wishes Lorna.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2007, 16:02:53 »
(yeah! Lorna....scrub what I said about the genes...LOL...)

Eric, SO sorry to read this......but.....comfort-eating Crunch cream bix? Silver lining, or wot!! Thing is, as your waistline expands, the more the corset digs in.....no-win situation, eh? :(

My 'pain' is only mental ???......here, a lovely day after the rain yesterday, but I MUST write emails....(so what am I doing here? duh!).....like you, the one time it bloomin stops - I wish it hadn't. Now, how perverse is that?

RIGHT! To your silver lining, all comparative I know, but..... yours will pass - to come again I know, but in the short-term? I know a young (well, younger than us ::)) girl who was in a car smash in November, drunken driver scenario,  was air-lifted to the Unit at Oswestry, and who is permanently paralyzed from the waist down......end of a life as she once knew? Doubly incontinent but will never 'know' it, forever in a wheel chair...

Puts things in perspective, eh?

Nevertheless, love and KISSES  :-* :-* :-* coming your way and hope that the easement comes soon, m'love,

Lish x

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 16:55:12 »
I know, I was not really complaing, it could be worse. My mother is slowly becoming paralysed from the neck down. If you want something really upsetting, go and watch a sharp mind in a slowly wasting body.
Taken the back support off now, it gives me chronic indigestion after a while so it has to go. Gavascon here we come. What a life eh?
Anyway Lish if you are visitng the friend in Gobowen, then you have no excuse for not calling in on the way past have you?

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 18:23:05 »
No excuse at all, Eric. except for the constraints of time and not using my car, always a passenger, so not calling the shots? ::)....I've been spending Mon-Fri's here www.logcabins-skiwales.co.uk - that's why I've thought of you often on my way there/back...

Pleased things have eased a bit....long live Gavascon 8)

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 18:40:38 »
Blimey, you drive right past the end of the road! Well nearly.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 19:20:45 »
 Oh Eric, hope you are much better such pain i know the feeling very well indeed, i hope you have some respite soon.  My knees never let up anymore at it 24/7 now.  Anyway your garden always looks beautifull so a few days off should not be to bad.  This weather will not last more than today so you rest for now.  All the very best take care, sympathy me never, ;D ;D ;D.  Mary.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal