Author Topic: Livingstone Daisies  (Read 1947 times)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
Livingstone Daisies
« on: July 13, 2007, 12:19:23 »
The real name too flippin long. Really proud of these as the seeds were minute, the seedlings pathetically thin and weedy to start and awful to pot on. Not exactly subtle but I think they are luvverly.

Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
Re: Livingstone Daisies
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 13:27:43 »
Mesambyrthuenenymumuimummms, or something along those lines.  Takes me back to my childhood, I used to grow these from seed every year and plant them in mums back garden.  Such an amazing shock of colour!  Lovely.

Tee Gee

• Hectare
  • Huddersfield - Light humus rich soil
    • The Gardener's Almanac
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 13:56:35 »
Mesembryanthemum is the name which is actually one letter longer than Livingston Daisy  ;) but I know what you mean.

They are one of my favourite flowers, trouble is we have had so little sun lately I haven't seen much of them this year.

These are from a previous year ( thought I would brighten things up during this miserable weather)

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 13:58:50 »
Your second pic is what I thought mine would be like TeeGee but they are pretty lurid actually! I love the yellowy one. They are definately a stock plant for me now, I love 'em. The foliage is excellent too.  ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2007, 13:59:47 »
Lovely picks TG.
I love them too, and noticed mine are now flowering, and emmy know what you mean, I HATED pricking them out, they were fiddly and looked pathetic, but the flowers you get made it worth it! (Plus I love the granulated sprinkled look of the leaves! ;D)
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal