Author Topic: Yellow Pattypans  (Read 932 times)

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Yellow Pattypans
« on: July 06, 2007, 00:22:29 »
My one yellow pattypan plant has several small fruit which have not progressed in the last two weeks but are not going mushy as I would expect if they had not been pollinated. Of course, it has been cold and wet so maybe this is why they are not maturing. Do they normally take longer than a normal courgette? I have noticed that my Parthenon and Kojac courgettes are growing normally, but the Gold Rush is taking longer for the fruit to get to a decent size. Is it normal for the yellow fruited squashes to take longer?

I guess Jeannine could answer these questions, though with what she has to contend with at the moment, she might be otherwise occupied. My sympathies go out to her and everyone in the flooded areas. I have so much to be thankful for that here in my corner of Devon we have been spared such devastation.

Tricia

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Yellow Pattypans
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 00:38:58 »
Hey honey, yes they do take a bit longer, they will be fine,it is the weather I am afraid but they will come on fast when it gets warmer and I am sure it will XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
Re: Yellow Pattypans
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 21:41:05 »
Thanks for that Jeannine. I noticed today that a couple had started to go brown at the flower end, so I picked them. I'm getting plenty of flowers, but they get filled with rain water so the bees can't spread the pollen. As you say they will soon get really going now the sun has deigned to shine for us once more. Hope it's shining for you too  :-*.

Tricia

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal