Author Topic: There's a frog in my pond!  (Read 3082 times)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
There's a frog in my pond!
« on: June 11, 2004, 09:40:27 »
So very happy.  :D ;D

Went out this morning to open the greenhouse and there is a frog lying spread eagled on my as yet unplanted marginal shelf. I think he must've been soaking up the early morning rays of sunshine. I wish I could've stayed at home watching him, but I had to come to work instead.

There are loads of frogs and toads in the garden (the main reason for us creating the pond) but it's the first time I've actually seen one using it. You'll have to excuse me as I am rather over excited about this!
gone to pot :D

MagpieDi

• Hectare
  • Oh to be as wise..... !!!
Re:There's a frog in my pond!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 09:49:24 »
Yippee !!!

Can I come and take some pics ??  ;D  ;D
Gardening on a wing and a prayer!!

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 12:50:38 »
It's great isn't aqui when you see the wild life visiting your pond.  Shows that the pond is nice and healthy.  You've probably got more than one frog - it's amazing how many visit at this time of the year :D :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 12:53:18 »
Currently an orgy of damsel flies doing there thing around our pond.  The children think they are playing kiss chase, which is just fine with me!  ;D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 13:02:41 »
I noticed lots of flies (I have no idea what type) playing  :-* chase ( ;D - I like it!) yesterday. I hope they weren't attracted to the green stagnant water or it'll be swarming in days.

There was another fly on the surface which kept wiggling its legs, sending out pretty ripples across the pond. I couldn't work out if it was drowning or trying to attract a mate.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2004, 09:37:14 »
And there was another one in there last night and again this morning. woohoo! I think they like it more now as it's all murky thanks to the algae so it's easier for them to hide!

*aqui potters off to find some barley straw*

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal