Author Topic: Treasurers job  (Read 1199 times)

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Treasurers job
« on: July 03, 2007, 23:25:05 »
Wondered if I could I ask anybody who might know, what a treasurers report in a monthly committee meeting would be?  I know they would report on the state of the bank account, but would they just do this verbally or would they have to hand out written accounts to pass around. We have just got funding within the last three months and have spent a bit on equipment, so not huge things probably happening to the bank account, but just wondered even in this situation what a treasurers obligation at a meeting would be? Would be really grateful if anyone could pass on their knowledge. Thanks! busy_lizzie!
live your days not count your years

powerspade

Re: Treasurers job
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 06:29:09 »
I am the treasurer of our society and when a meeting is called I always provide a printed copy of the current balance sheet for members. I use a spreadsheet to operate our account and so it only take a few seconds to print off.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 06:31:32 »
yep i just print off a sheet to pass around

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 08:34:08 »
It's far and away the best thing to put anything like that in writing. That way anyone can go home and check your figures, and there's no possibility of allegations flying about.

Belinda

• Half Acre
  • Still learning
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 09:14:20 »
I'm a member of a car owner's club - at our AGM the treasurer just gives a verbal report, but does provide a printed report for the group chairman, and will happily send a copy to anyone that asks.

So, I think the choice is yours, perhaps give a verbal report and tell everyone you have a paper copy available if they want to look at it at the end of the meeting, and to contact you if they want a copy for themselves. That way you won't be producing lots of copies that are then wasted.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 17:43:26 »
Just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone who answered my query. You have all been very helpful and I am grateful for the feedback! Thanks all!  :-* busy-lizzie
live your days not count your years

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal