Author Topic: poorly peppers  (Read 1509 times)

OP

• Not So New ...
poorly peppers
« on: June 10, 2004, 11:06:08 »
Well, as well as the lottie I have a plastic greenhouse at home for seedlings, tomatoes, and a few other things.  I've got 3 decent sized pepper and chilli plants in there, as well as about 20 more seedlings (jalapeno, capsicum, and another I can't remember....).  However, after 2 very late nights at work, resulting in me going straight to the pub and forgetting about the greenhouse I went in there last night to find my cucumber and pepper plants terribly wilted.  Emergency watering and some TLC today I'm hoping they're going to bounce back.

So a cautionary tale - don't forget your greenhouse!

incidentally - do pepper plants like feeding?  never fed them before but I have some tomato feed, and lets face it they're going to be doing a similar kind of thing.

rdak

Re:poorly peppers
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 11:13:14 »
Hi OP,
Peppers do like feeding- use the tomato feed at half normal strength once the flowers show. Make sure the soil is a bit wet first before applying feed, otherwise it can shock the plant.

Tenuse

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2004, 11:42:55 »
Ross, when you say "shock the plant", how does that show? I fed my indoor peppers earlier this week, and yesterday most of the miniature fruits had fallen off, I put it down to not enough water but could it have been too much nutrition instead?

Ten x
Young, dumb and full of come hither looks.

rdak

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2004, 12:37:41 »
Ten,
Sorry- not an expert in this. I fed my peppers last year and read several warnings from various places about not feeding plants in dry soil. Always let them have a normal drink first. Have the flowers fallen off as well?

Tenuse

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2004, 12:43:31 »
All the flowers had become baby fruit, so I am hoping more flowers appear!

Ten x
Young, dumb and full of come hither looks.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal