Author Topic: Poor Marshalls............  (Read 3420 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Poor Marshalls............
« on: June 30, 2007, 08:48:46 »
...having lost their entire crop of the 'to be introduced' Tomazing tomato, they have very kindly compensated by a refund - & 10% discount for the next 18 months.

Can't say fairer than that?

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Poor Marshalls............
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2007, 09:09:44 »
What was so amazing about it?
 :-\

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2007, 09:13:59 »
Actually - thnking longer term, i wonder how much seed will be affected for next year - and prices too!!!!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 09:34:23 »
In contrast, Dad, with the slating that they, T&M etc have had, I thought it was rather refreshing.
But not less than I would have expected.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 10:22:14 »
I think it's supposed to be the sweetest cherry tom ever 'or your money back'. I'd like to know how you could prove you didn't think it was! :-\

Good on them for the discount though, I was quite impressed with the Marshalls stand and staff at GWL, knew their stuff....! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 11:55:56 »
A few years back I bought 36 raspberry canes from Marshalls, 3 different types.  Two types flourished, one did nothing, all 12 just curled over and died.  They replaced them with 12 of their "long cane" canes, which are normally twice the price so I wouldn't lose a season, since the replacements would have "caught up" with the others I bought.   I've bought a lot from them over the time I've had the lottie, less now, as there's a limit to the trees and fruit one can buy, and their seed range is a little limited, but I've been very happy with them, and they are very quick to answer any queries etc with a sensible answer.
The Tuscan Beaneater

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 08:51:05 »
I've had a couple of bad experiences with them... usually with the over winter plants.... seed orders fine.
 :-X

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 14:03:41 »
I ordered 3 fruit trees from Marshalls a Conference pear,Victoria plum,and a Bramley("A less vigorous and much more controllable version of the old favourite.") clone 20 all at £15 each. After 18 months and a dozen excuses as to why it was taking so long, 3 sad looking sticks arrived(the plum looked like a bit of driftwood) at my door. All 3 trees came with another fruit growers label on!?and the Bramley was not the clone 20 i had ordered but that vigorous old favourite i did not wont for my small plot.At Morrisons i could have got the same 3 variety's for £5 and grown in a pot, the Morello cherry i got off them this year is romping away, so i know where i will going for my fruit trees in future when i have to replaces the plum that poped its clogs this year and it will not be BLOODY MARSHALLS the vegetable and fruit company. :( but a supermarket. :)

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 23:08:41 »
I must speak up for T & M, whenever i have had a complaint i have always recieved first class service on one occasion a £5 cheque was refunded + replacement plants . I think that is good service.

Rosa_Mundi

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 00:11:33 »
T&M have always refunded cash without a quibble for me, too. This year, for example, they ran out of an upright antirrhinum that I ordered, and sent trailing ones instead. When I complained and pointed out that they hadn't replaced like with like, they refunded my money and told me to keep the plants (which are doing very well).

artichoke

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007, 00:08:07 »
Well.......I specified to Marshalls dates when strawberry plants shouldn't arrive because I was away, and was impressed that they agreed to this.......yet they did arrive while I was away, and were yellow and desperate looking by the time I got back. I emailed a polite complaint and received no answer, but I have to admit that once planted they greened up and became vigorous plants.

And I fell for their offer of onion seedlings that would grow exceptionally gigantic, planted them carefully the moment they arrived - but they are sulking and TINY compared to my own onions. On arrival they looked battered and dishevelled, and not properly packed. I'm keeping an open mind for a bit, but.....

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal