Author Topic: Harry Potter  (Read 20245 times)

Kea

• Hectare
Re: Harry Potter
« Reply #80 on: July 18, 2007, 17:15:47 »
Re: RAB
My two experts.....read books over and over! .....say they don't know who RAB is but another surname in book (don't ask me where!) being with 'B' is Bellatrix.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #81 on: July 18, 2007, 21:25:54 »
Oooh, loads of theories flying around eh?  I'm purposely not looking at any of the links etc incase I accidentally come across anything that's in the next book - I hate knowing the ending!!!  :D

Well, i've re-read Goblet, Order of Phoenix, and am now half way through Half Bood Prince, and am beginning to wonder about Dumbledore, whether he's such a goody at all?  I'm convinced there's a connection between him & Voldemore?

If anyone is going to end up with magical powers that we don't expect - I'm putting money on Aunt Petunia  ;) x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #82 on: July 18, 2007, 21:45:24 »
i got dragon heartstring and ash 71/2 inches

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #83 on: July 18, 2007, 21:58:15 »
I have heard people say that RAB was Regulus Arcturus Black, but it cant be him as Harry would not have been able to inherit the house and Kreacher.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #84 on: July 18, 2007, 22:01:56 »
OK being dumb here ... why not?

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #85 on: July 18, 2007, 22:38:08 »
MAGIC

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #86 on: July 18, 2007, 22:47:48 »
Ahhhhh

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #87 on: July 19, 2007, 00:22:18 »
Don't believe a word Anne...Louise....she's in Slytherin y'know!  Trying to betwix and betwiddle yer!

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2007, 12:54:57 »
maybe I am and maybe not, the truth is a broken mirror which can cut :-)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #89 on: July 19, 2007, 23:42:45 »
asda is selling the book for a fiver  ::)

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #90 on: July 20, 2007, 09:29:52 »
The bbc gave the game away this morning when they broadcast the news that a help centre is being set up to help people who are likely to be traumatised by the death of a  major charactor.

Get real! There are real life dramas that need to be addressed that are more important than pandering to these socially inadequate types. The same sort of people that send xmas cards to coronation street charactors.

Still, The more they hype it up, the more silly buggers get sucked in.

Bluey

• Not So New ...
« Reply #91 on: July 20, 2007, 10:13:38 »
I have heard people say that RAB was Regulus Arcturus Black, but it cant be him as Harry would not have been able to inherit the house and Kreacher.

Sirius left everything to Harry in his will - that's why Harry inherits the house. In book 6 Dumbledore takes Harry to the house to see Kreacher and whether Kreacher obeys his commands. Kreacher does which means that Harry is the true owner of the house. If he wasn't the house would have gone to Bellatrix as the next nearest relative.

RAB could be Regulus anyway because he expected to be dead when someone read the note in the false horacux thing so if he was dead wouldn't inherit the house!

Think i read the books too much!
Gardening Rule: When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Smileyk

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #92 on: July 20, 2007, 10:30:51 »
I think it's Regalus Black because we don't know when the original horcrux was taken from the cave.  Also when they were clearing out Grimwauld Place they found a heavy locket that none of them could open. I think that is the missing Horcrux that Regalus took and hid in the house.

I re-read all the books in the few days before the film and I wished it hadn't as it totally ruined the film for me.  I was totally aware of the bits they left out and I think some of them should have been included - like the gold status helping Harry and Dumbledore in the fight!  I also wanted to see the brain attacking Ron at the Ministry of Magic.

So in the last book I think:

Neville will be a BIG character
Ginny will be too as she is already proving to be a powerful witch and her love for Harry will make him stronger.
Snape is a goodie
Malfoy will realise that the dark side is a mistake and will come good.
Harry won't die - unless he has to die in order to kill Voldemort.

Just my thoughts!  :D

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2007, 11:07:51 »
I think it's Regalus Black because we don't know when the original horcrux was taken from the cave.  Also when they were clearing out Grimwauld Place they found a heavy locket that none of them could open. I think that is the missing Horcrux that Regalus took and hid in the house.

I re-read all the books in the few days before the film and I wished it hadn't as it totally ruined the film for me.  I was totally aware of the bits they left out and I think some of them should have been included - like the gold status helping Harry and Dumbledore in the fight!  I also wanted to see the brain attacking Ron at the Ministry of Magic.

So in the last book I think:

Neville will be a BIG character
Ginny will be too as she is already proving to be a powerful witch and her love for Harry will make him stronger.
Snape is a goodie
Malfoy will realise that the dark side is a mistake and will come good.
Harry won't die - unless he has to die in order to kill Voldemort.

Just my thoughts!  :D

intresting - agree about the locket in the house, neville & ginny

not sure about malfoy or harry!

disagree about snape

cambourne7

Bluey

• Not So New ...
« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2007, 11:18:59 »
Snape is a master at preventing people reading his mind - he was teaching Harry to do it so he could be using that skill (begins with an o but i cant think how to spell it!) to prevent Voldermort from seeing whose side on. Dumbledore had a reason to trust him so I think he may well turn out to be a 'good' guy. Not long to go till we all know the answers!
Gardening Rule: When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it. If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2007, 11:31:52 »
no snape is bad, he could have just pretended to kill dumbeldore but no he killed him.

Occumalcy was how he was hiding as a goody when he was a baddy

Smileyk

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #96 on: July 20, 2007, 11:46:31 »
I disagree.  Snape HAD to kill Dumbledore, he had no choice and Dumbledore knew that - which is why he said "please Snape", because he knew Snape didn't want to do it and knew he had to make him do it. Snape made the unbreakable vow with Malfoy's mother that he would carry out Malfoy's task if Malfoy couldn't do it.  Both Snape and Dumbledore knew that if Snape backed out then Voldemort would know Snape was against him and he'd be killed a.s.a.p.  This way Voldemort still thinks Snape is on his side... ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #97 on: July 20, 2007, 11:55:26 »
no i am sticking to my guns i dont like snape!

( That said i am  curently wrapped up on sofa with blanket, hot waterbottle and dosed on cold flu stuff so brain is not on full power)

I am going back to bed to sleep on it.

Bluey

• Not So New ...
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2007, 11:58:30 »
I dont like Snape either just think Dumbledore wasnt easily fooled!

Hope you feel Better soon Cambourne...

Smileyk

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2007, 12:00:15 »
no i am sticking to my guns i dont like snape!

( That said i am  curently wrapped up on sofa with blanket, hot waterbottle and dosed on cold flu stuff so brain is not on full power)

I am going back to bed to sleep on it.

Get well soon, you need a new HP book to make you feel better  ;D

Interesting, dh read it the way you did too - amazed I never realised that in all the times he and I have discussed it!!  LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal