Author Topic: Collecting tools  (Read 1139 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
Collecting tools
« on: July 03, 2007, 17:29:53 »
I'm a confessed tools collector. I have a chain-saw but no wood. Hedge clippers but no hedge. A sledge hammer with nothing to whack. A bench drill I don't use. The list goes on.
 Who else has tools sitting idle?

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
Re: Collecting tools
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007, 17:35:45 »
Kenkew I have a leaning, nearly toppling over tree, but no chainsaw, oil it up mate and get yourself over here sharpish. ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2007, 17:54:00 »
I did my degree in 3D design, and spent three very happy years in a metal workshop planishing, annealing, soldering, spinning, buffing, polishing, forging... and am now hoping to do a bit of restoration on my old Datsun.

the most exciting things to come through the post, apart from seed catalogues, are the Frost Restorers catalogue and ScrewFix Direct ;D

I have a cupboard full of tools left over from my uni days, and my late grandad's plumbing tools, just waiting for the day I have a workshop to call my very own. <sigh>

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2007, 18:06:54 »
And Rutlands wonderful catalogue?

Yes, Ken - so many things. Woodturning chisels, planes, veneers, glue guns, circular saw  .....................

A good place to remind folk of   http://www.mot.be/cgi-bin/ID-DOC.cgi?language=en&mode=N ?

Why did that link lose its hightlight when I added 'saw'??
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007, 18:15:51 by tim »

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007, 18:46:10 »
Sore joke coming up, Tim...'Maybe it saw you coming'... :D

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2007, 18:48:46 »
Sawt it out Ken.  ;D ;D ;D

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007, 18:50:51 »
Kenkew I have a leaning, nearly toppling over tree, but no chainsaw, oil it up mate and get yourself over here sharpish. ;D ;D ;D

I have a shed packed with tools from past employments...building, painting, decorating, carpentry, welding, roofing, glazing, turning, carving, polishing, gardening, plumbing, electrical(some).....all I need is a UK workshop and I'm back to gaining my self respect again!

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007, 19:08:35 »
Just need the tree cutting at the moment mate.  ;D ;D ;D

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007, 20:25:38 »
Bring it over here, I'll sort it.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 10:58:10 »
My late husband was a tool collector. Was fatal to say I  would like to pop in Focus or the like perhaps to look for wallpapers etc. Always landed up in the tool section. When he was in a wheelchair he always watched the TV programme about tools. On several occasions he asked me to order a certain tool. My answer was that he would never be able to use them His reply was that it/they would come in handy for one of the family. When he died I distributed all his tools (except for things like cordless drill and small tools I thought would be handy for me) to my children. I found things that had never been used. Had to ask my son what they were. He just laughed and said Well you know what Dad was about tools.
Lorna

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal