Author Topic: Bad mum alert!  (Read 5750 times)

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
Re: Bad mum alert!
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2007, 19:34:16 »
Ken, can't get over your post, must have had an awful few minutes dealing with that!
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2007, 19:52:59 »
The scariest part in all that was moving him up to a slightly larger gap in the metal work as he wouldn't fit back through the hole he'd slipped through. That ment letting go and getting hold againg as we moved him up. Getting the arms and head all through a different higher hole used up just about every ounce of adrenaline.
We all collapsed on the carpet when he did finally 'pop' back through...natuarally, when I got back to near normal, I beat him up.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2007, 19:56:34 »
As you do when you're a parent

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2007, 20:05:16 »
Blimey,

I feel like I had a deprived childhood now - I had to inflict all my damage by myself.

Grawrc - my mum had the same worries - father away at sea & me always covered in bruises, usually just in time for his leave to start.

Kids eh.
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2007, 23:16:05 »
  Okay I confess, I was a kid who locked her mother out of the house and then climbed up onto the windowsill and laughed at her .   :P  Heh heh heh!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2007, 23:51:53 »
I was on the receiving end... I still have a scar on my neck.. my Sister has lovely scald scars too... the old milk pan handle routine...
 ::)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2007, 08:30:36 »
I remember my mother knocking over a pot of coffeee when i was about four, and going to the doctors with strips of cooked skin hanging off my elbow. It all healed up though. Nothing that drastic has happened to the kids since they arrived, but Kumbi still has flashbacks and hallucinations from when she was in the fighting.

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2007, 14:02:12 »
That's awful Robert. I'm guessing Africa from the name Kumbi? How horrible that even though you may find safety the horror of your past will still hang around. Hopefully time will prove to be the healer.
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2007, 14:17:06 »
On a lighter note what about an adult locking family out of the car? In 2005 when my children did a big surprise birthday party for me, relatives and friends came from all round the country. Although I enjoy 1 (or 2) brandies on special occasions I am always in control. I thought I was going for an evening meal and only had a sandwich during the day. Although there was plenty of food at the party I was too excited to eat, son-in-law kept filling my glass!! Young Lorna decided to drop Joshua off at his Dad's house before taking me home. She got out the car to say goodnight to Joshua and I lent on the locking button. Apparently they were all shouting, lift the button, lift the button. I just kept waving at them in a drunken state and saying "Nigh, night darlings!!"I put it all down to drinking on an empty stomach but they do have a habit of reminding me.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2007, 14:56:32 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2007, 15:10:48 »
When I was about five my mother tried to take the wrong child home after school!  Her eyesight was never very good, and all children look alike when they come pouring out of the school gates.  When she realised her mistake, halfway up the road, after I'd caught up with her and the poor me-substitute was trying to tell her she wasn't me, all she said was "for goodness sake, why didn't you say so in the first place?"
The Tuscan Beaneater

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2007, 15:13:08 »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D @ asbean and lorna!!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2007, 15:16:26 »
Asbean you are joking, Lorna see you down the pub in an hour.  :P :P :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007, 08:15:55 »
That's awful Robert. I'm guessing Africa from the name Kumbi? How horrible that even though you may find safety the horror of your past will still hang around. Hopefully time will prove to be the healer.

Sierra Leone, during the coup in 1997.

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007, 09:34:20 »
I remember when i was about 4 i was ready for school and my mum told me to brush my teeth,,, well i need the loo and i was trying to explain and she was screaming 'BRUSH YOUR TEETH'.... well she wouldnt listen and she is quite a scary lady so i stood there brushing my teeth peeing myself literally.

Of course it was winter uniform - wool, dry clean only jobby... she was fuming and said 'why didnt you just go to the toilet?????'

Spent the day at my nana;s, i loved it!

Bionic Wellies

• Acre
  • That many spuds !
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007, 13:00:02 »
YOU LOT ARE SCAREY !!!!!!

There's enough material in this lot to compile a "(Nearly) Darwin Award Book (Vol 1)".    Cry, cringe, close my eyes and place fingers in ears and chant la-de-da-de-da ... or even laugh - what shall I do!

Oh ... and I broke my daughters leg - she was 12 months - not easy for the nurses to put a plaster on a very animated  child!  -  Daughter often throws this into discussions - so that's only 21 years of guilt (so far)!
Always look on the bright side of life

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007, 13:11:20 »
being told to "KEEP STILL WHILE YOU'RE EATING OTHERWISE YOU'LL CHOKE!!!"

...skipping round the kitchen gaily eating a Freddo the Frog chocolate bar one minute, being held upside down over the sink by the ankles the next, being pummelled by my mum and my nan frantically trying to dislodge a large lump of chocolate from my windpipe ::) ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007, 13:56:42 »
Oh the last post reminds me of something I did regularly to my poor old Mum.

I used to throw temper tantrums if I couldn't get my own way and if that didn't work I upped it and held my breath.Oh, and I was really good at it. My Mum bless her fell for it every time. She would yell at my Dad to do something. Dad simply told her to ignore me, my Mum would yell at Dad that I would die or faint.Dad would calmy say, well if she faints she will breath.  I would of course always do a swoon to the floor but hold my breath to prove my Dad wrong.My Mum eventually would grab me and put me under the tap at which point I would splutter and come back from the dead.

I tried it in a shop one day with my Dad, when I swooned he simply stepped over me and went down the far end of the shop, of course I had to get up and go and look for him. He was sitting on a chair reading a newspaper.He never said a word,I think that was the day I stopped.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2007, 14:11:41 »
LOL!  All of these messages put my *ahem* discussion with my OH into perspective!

I was on my way to work and OH is working from home today so he was getting my youngest ready for school.

whilst preparing his brekkie (a bowl of Cinamon Grahams) he heaped a table spoon with sugar and was about to sprinkle this onto the cereal!!  I just looked at him, wide eyed and said "Don't you DARE!"  He said "I'm not" and proceded to sprinkle the cereal with some of the sugar!! :o  I had meant "don't you dare put ANY sugar on that cereal", he clearly thought I meant "don't put that much sugar on the cereal!"

:-\ idiot!

I was furious, livid even!  Cinnamon Grahams don't need any extra sugar on them - they're sweet enough!!  I told him that he was stupid and asked if he did that sort of thing every time I left him to get the youngest ready for school, which of course he denied!

I left for work, announcing that I was off to tell EVERYONE how stupid he was!
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2007, 14:17:45 »
when my nephew was small, he had to draw a picture of a Family Day Out. He drew a picture of a building and a little figure outside

The teacher said - who's that?

- that's me

- where are Mummy and Daddy?

- they're in the Pub

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal