Author Topic: Fed up with feeling pathetic  (Read 2151 times)

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
Re: Fed up with feeling pathetic
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2007, 17:27:08 »
Awww Emm its great to see you raring to go... but its ok to feel pathetic when you need to... just don't burn out and try to do too much too soon = and if you do... don't feel guilty about having a rest and going to bed ok!!!

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2007, 21:39:06 »
yep, i can say I know how you feel,ej, hope you get better quickly
I'm feeling much better,  i think the vit c and e have really helped, also, started taking pre-biotics 3 days ago..I've heard the doctors are trying to get people to go on them for 2 weeks before surgery to help heal
trouble is, like you, I'm not allowed to pick anything up, ray's sorted the laptop for me to sit on the settee , I keep having to call him to take it off my lap  ;D
don't worry, ej..another week, you'll be feeling so much better, I know whereof I speak  ;D

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2007, 21:51:28 »
When the wounds have healed, that new Bio-Oil, as advertised in mags, and on the telly I think, is brill for fading scars.

'available in all good chemists' :)
got a lottie got a life

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2007, 22:19:37 »
Don't do too much too soon, take it from one who ignored advice and put herself back a bit!

Saying that, had my op 2 and a half weeks ago and am nearly there! Though it wasn't as invasive as yours, I even managed to do a bit of sneaky digging yesterday! ;D

Try to catch up on all the paperwork and stuff and don't get too brain dead on daytime TV!
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2007, 22:28:41 »
Day time TV sucks!  What a load of rubbish.  Thanks goodness for my mags and computer.  Seems like a lot of us have stayed at the Grand Hotel NHS. 

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2007, 22:51:43 »
Its not 2 bad if you loook

You have quincy, lovejoy, Mapp and lucia, cagney and lacy, and House!!

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2007, 22:52:56 »
Aww!! Emma, it was always going to be difficult for you as it is just not in your nature to be lolling around the house. But, as everyone says even just the anaesthetic is going to have taken its toll on your system never mind the op and having had all those stables in there. You will heal and be back as good as new before too long but it will just take a little time.

Everything sounds good and you seem to be healing great, so just you reign yourself in girl!  You will get there with a little patience. They say life teaches you a lesson with every experience, so you think of how you can use this time wisely.  Big hugs and sympathy, and you will get there! love busy_lizzie   :-*

live your days not count your years

Esre

• Half Acre
    • Esre's Blog
« Reply #27 on: June 28, 2007, 23:03:27 »
I can only echo what everyone else has said, abdominal surgery really takes it out of you, my friends Dad recovered faster from a triple heart bypass than I did from having my appendix out!

Take it easy while you can and use the time to catch up, it will all be a distant memory very quickly:)

Try arnica for the bruising, it really helps to ease the swelling and help the area heal.

Esre
Whatever it was I didn't do it but if I should have done then I have!

Plot 24A
My Blog

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 00:02:46 »
And don't forget that even when the surface looks healed over there's still mending going on inside.

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 11:14:46 »
I tried to lay on my tummy in bed last night but YOUCH!  Amazed at how swollen I suddenly am.  Looked in the mirror and am quite lopsided.  Plenty of bruising to.  However, I did have a better nights sleep and am off the painkillers altogether now.  It was lovely to have a proper long shower this morning - the kids thought I was crazy.  Am spending today listing things on ebay, dull, but productive and means I am resting.  Off out to see my sister tomorrow as it is their school summer fete (in the rain) so I anticipate a lot of walking so am taking advantage of doing little today.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 11:32:33 »
Bear in mind that it's just a temporary setback. A few weeks down the road you'll only enjoy the advantages. Bit of a bummer while you're going through it though.

Glad to hear you're off the painkillers. Thing is painkillers cover up the pain you were in so coming off them you often feel worse even though you are actually better.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal