Produce > Recipes

DON'T run out of bread

<< < (2/4) > >>

gavin:
Oi, Alishka!  - Only bread-machine in my place is me own arms! And the kids love learning to make bread too (the real way!)

All best - Gavin

PS  Blast - reminds me I'd promised to do that this weekend.

tim:
- we have to ORDER fresh yeast these days - so, since it's always a last minute event, it's any fast acting stuff. They say one rise - like 40-60 min - but a second can help. We had a visitor while I was doing it, or it would be somewhat puffier. Don't forget to chuck a cup of water into the oven, soon after the bread has gone in? - Tim

PS (later) - if the real point was 'how long does it take' - 1hr 40min. Less if it's rolls. Main prob with proving on the AGA is to prevent it rising too fast - and drying out on top. Polythene bag essential.

teresa:
Oh Tim I bet you had lovely soft hands afterwards. I did two loaves last week hubby and dad were so impressed hubby went out and bought a bread machine.
So now everyother day I do a loaf.
Not the same as by hand the satifaction but good eating
Teresa

budgiebreeder:
When using a Bread-machine just use it to the dough stage and do the rest by hand .I find this way much better as I like really well baked loaves.

teresa:
Hi,
I have done the egg and water that turned out ok havent tried the darker crust yet. Tried the all milk one a flop. So will have to get powder milk and try that.
Pity it does not have a light inside keep getting the torch and peering in sad I know.
Teresa

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version