Author Topic: Sunflower Leaves Black  (Read 3635 times)

Irish-Digger

• Not So New ...
    • Irish Digger
Sunflower Leaves Black
« on: June 17, 2007, 06:15:08 »
Hello All, My Sunflower leaves have gone Black, what should I do please?
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you are a mile away. And you have his shoes. !!!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Sunflower Leaves Black
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2007, 10:07:01 »
Do you mean totally shrivelled and black, or are they just black coloured?

Some varieities of sunflowers have very dark leaves, I'm growing one called (I think) Autumn King, it has really dark speckled leaves that have become darker overall as the plant has grown.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Irish-Digger

• Not So New ...
    • Irish Digger
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 12:10:24 »
Hello Deb,

Thank you for your reply,
About half the leaves have been affected, and the blackness covers almost a third of the leaf.

Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you are a mile away. And you have his shoes. !!!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 16:39:04 »
Here is a picture of my sunflowers in May, I haven't got a more recent photo I'm afraid.....the leaves of the ones on the right are just beginning to look very sooty and speckled,  the newest leaves are affected first -are yours anything like this?

If just completely black at the edges, I would suspect frost damage..I would just pick those ones off and leave the rest.
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal