Author Topic: My big brave dog!  (Read 1779 times)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
My big brave dog!
« on: June 16, 2007, 14:50:00 »
She'll chase anything that dares poke it's head into the garden, but the slightest hint of thunder and brave Skeela is transformed.

Tulipa

• Hectare
Re: My big brave dog!
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 16:57:20 »
Aaw bless, she looks a good friend.  :) Do you cover her for the thunder?

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2007, 17:54:32 »
Feel so sorry for her. My K.C. Cavalier has to have tablets from the vet when fireworks are around. She literally jumps on the back of the settee and tries to claw through the wall. I give her a tablet, go in the kitchen and turn my music up full blast. She didn't seem so bad last year, don't know if she is growing out of it or if she is going a bit deaf. Mind you she always hears when I am getting her dinner ready ;D Funnily enough she doesn't take any notice of storms (had one today)

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2007, 18:04:18 »
We have a cat like that.  He hates thunder and fireworks.  We never know when the fireworks will go off, as we have a lot of student accommodation round us, where they find the money to burn I dread to think.  I would give anything to see the fear on their faces that I see on my cat's.  We have to shut him in the airing cupboard every time, but sometimes he's stuck outside and has to take cover under a shed etc.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 18:16:42 by asbean »
The Tuscan Beaneater

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2007, 18:21:55 »
My KC cavalier came to us on Nov. 4th four years ago. She wasnt at all worried by the fireworks then, and is still oblivious to them now, even the big 'bomb' ones :o

Saying that, it could have something to do with having a 17 year old at home. His music is so loud, she probably just thinks its the beat!!!! ;D

cj :)

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2007, 19:18:58 »
My rough Collie Zak is like Skeela,hates thunder,firworks and house alarms  :(

What a handsome Cat  :-*

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2007, 20:03:33 »
Everyone says he's handsome.  I can't see it myself.  He's a scaredycat, very nervous and timid, pretends he's feral, but sleeps cuddled up on a bed,  but he's the boss cat round here now that the previous two boss cats have passed on.  No cat in the neighbourhood dares to take him on.
The Tuscan Beaneater

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal