Author Topic: 60's fashion help??  (Read 2659 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: 60's fashion help??
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 12:18:06 »
Thanks Anne, smashing stuff, but I still can't figure out how to get me into a Twiggy fashion. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 12:37:06 »
Here you go then. Loads of info and ideas. I know it says fifties but it's actually sixties. http://www.fiftiesweb.com/fashion/fashion.htm

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 15:20:26 »
Oh that does it, considering I am the oldest person in school and I did the 50's  60's thing,I am relying on the fact that no-one will know the differnce  I might just be  going back to my poodle skirt I think,I wll still look a real idiot but not as much as in a shift dress..  In the fabric and pattern box I go!!! Kaftan hippy, or poodle..mmmmmm Thanks Anne
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 15:30:11 »
Jeannine you'll look beautiful whatever you wear. You're a very lovely woman!! And that's not just your looks that I'm talking about. ;)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 15:36:20 »
Thank you Anne,that is very sweet, but I am still fat, I don't have a problem with that at all but if I wear a mini shift it will be wider than it is long LOL. Maybe I could start a new fashion trend, not the Twiggy look, perhaps the Treetrunk look.

The kids at our school know I am crackers anyway, so what the heck!!! XX Jeannine

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 22:07:19 »
Nip down to your local charity shops, Indian cotton in abundance.  Think layers, mini over midi over maxi and a floaty top with things hanging from the sleeves, if they don't' come with them stitch a few on.  lots of beads, scarves and flowers in your hair, you'll knock em dead
got a lottie got a life

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 22:28:26 »
Loved the flower power era of the sixties, bells around the neck, kaftans. You could go really wild with your makeup, painted eyelashes, daisies on your cheek, little plaits in your hair.  Bright coloured tights. The sixties had some great fashions, so you have a lot to choose from. busy_lizzie   
live your days not count your years

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2007, 19:21:15 »
Oh Jeannine, sorry I missed this. I would have said definately flowers in your hair hippie! The poodle skirt is full on 50's. For you - nice long kaftan and loadsa beads, butterfly painted on your cheek and loads of eye liner! Hair down, centre parted and either frizzed like mad or crimped. You would look soo cool like that!
Try and get a piccie of yourself however you go!  ;D ;D ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2007, 19:34:59 »
I went as a hippy on the caister soul weekend the year before last, try and keep the wig on all night.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2007, 20:06:32 »

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2007, 20:08:21 »
Oh Cleo - that pic is tiny!!! Kev - you don't look like you need a wig and neither does Jeannine!
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal