Author Topic: Topiary  (Read 1908 times)

Rohaise

Topiary
« on: June 09, 2007, 21:20:08 »
  I have four hidious yellow fir trees,  at between 10 and 15 ft  and I hate them !  I first thought "they have got to go !"...then I thought ,I could allow myself the luxury of having a go at topiary  ;D   .If it doesn,t work out ..cut them down anyway   :D  Any one any ideas on HOW TO DO TOPIARY  ?    Jumping in at the deep end for beginners...so to speak ?   Rohaise   

Eristic

• Hectare
  • NW London (Brent)
    • Down the Plot
Re: Topiary
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 22:47:28 »
Fir frees are not ideal for topiary and usually the best that can be done is to trim them back into a cone shape if the branches are tightly packed. If branches are sparse you could cut several branches out alltogether and try to create an arty Japanesie effect. You've nothing to lose.

Rohaise

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 23:15:38 »
Thanks Eristic yes a Japanese effect would be brilliant .  I thought it would be easy to find a web site all about it .....wrong !    The most I,ve ever done is a small box ball....and that was meant to be a chicken   ::) !   Rohaise

Rohaise

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 23:40:37 »
Actualy,(before I get off to bed and for anyone else that might still be up ) I just found an interesting website I thought I would share with you ...er,,you need to put in..Fryar,s Topiary Garden  ..  brilliant stuff ! Rohaise  saying good night and God Bless ,over and out .   :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal