Author Topic: rain  (Read 791 times)

Maidenheadtaff

• Half Acre
rain
« on: June 02, 2007, 21:44:10 »
i have lots of veg in pots some still small, as i've only just got my allotment. my problem is that with all the rain some of the plants seem to be drenched.will they dry off in the dry weather or should i try to repot in new compost

also my beg toms peppers mainly in my new greenhouse have white pateches on the leaves.i hae read in my gardening book that it looks like mildew.is this because i have been watering them too much ?

gruesome

• Quarter Acre
Re: rain
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2007, 13:21:58 »
peppers are very susceptible to red spider mite. Signs to look 4 are pale mottling/bronzing of the leaves.  Tiny mites can be  found on the underside of the leaves. Spray with liquid derris or Long-last. :)
Insanity takes it's toll....................please have the correct change.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: rain
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2007, 16:59:55 »
mildew is , i think, caused by warm, damp conditions..so, possibly too much water, are they in pots or the ground /
we sink a 2 litre water bottle, upside down with thw bottom cut off, water into it, the water oes to the roots so the foliage stays dry, hope this helps  :)
also, put your small veggies up on somewhere so' they can dry out..we have them on a grill type thing  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal