Author Topic: R:E RSPCA murderers by lisa0307  (Read 3181 times)

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
R:E RSPCA murderers by lisa0307
« on: May 15, 2007, 16:22:32 »
Its tragic to hear about unfortunate, misguided and accidental deaths by the RSPCA but what about the thousands of animals they save?

Mistakes happen- fact of life- be it by the Rspca, vets or the NHS .
I do feel for the people in these cases but will not let it tarnish   all the good work they have done..

P.S.
Why is the thread locked for responses???

legendaryone

• Hectare
Re: R:E RSPCA murderers by lisa0307
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 16:37:03 »
I don't think it is locked  :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 16:38:42 by legendaryone »
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

Travman

• Half Acre
  • Castleford, West Yorkshire anybody near me
    • castown fc
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 16:40:17 »

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 16:46:32 »
I see i though you meant this thread  :-[

I presume it is locked because it is a thread which will get peoples backs up and they do not want it to turn into a big row  ;)
The poster of the thread does seem to have a bee in thier bonnet about the RSPCA, as you say everbody makes mistakes.

Just tried something out and it seems you can lock a thread you start to prevent replies.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 16:49:26 by legendaryone »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 16:49:06 »
The thread IS locked, the original poster has opened it just long enough to put another comment on then she has locked it behind her, I do not feel this is the place to put these sorts of things on especially when they are so heavily loaded to the side of the poster when locked. Life is hard enough without seeing the tragic things that can happen accidently to someones beloved pet..and for what reason? Does the poster want the RSPCA shut down,the inspector fired  or is it just to pull on the hear strings of caring sensitive folks.

I did not open the link that she offered  to read other stories.

I find myself asking why it is on here, and if here at all it should be in the Watershed.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 16:50:22 »
It does sound like that Jeannine

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 21:00:05 »
I agree jeannine.  I've also noticed this particular poster only posts in the pets section, and usually to try and 'highlight' apparent injustices of one kind or another.  Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying some of these things aren't tragic, or unjust, but we are on a gardening forum when all's said and done. x 
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 12:32:44 »
I agree jeannine.  I've also noticed this particular poster only posts in the pets section, and usually to try and 'highlight' apparent injustices of one kind or another.  Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying some of these things aren't tragic, or unjust, but we are on a gardening forum when all's said and done. x 

There's an element of truth in what you say.  lisa0307 only has 7 posts.  Three are  ;D ;D ;D responses in Watershed; one is an advert in eBuygumbay; three are in Pets.  Of the three in Pets, one is asking for info on a stray dog, and the other two are on the locked thread that is critical of the RSPCA.

So she hasn't posted anything about gardening or allotments, but hardly seems to be obsessed with the RSPCA!

lisa0307

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 17:54:56 »
Hardly a hanging offence....thread has been removed, sorry if it upset the few....will post such material elsewhere in future.

lisa0307

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 17:56:03 »
we are on a gardening forum when all's said and done. x 

If that's the case, why have a pet section?

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 17:58:10 »
As it was requested!

Dan

lisa0307

• Not So New ...
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2007, 18:02:25 »
And that's where I posted pet related threads....

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2007, 18:14:08 »
Lisa I agree with you it is not a hanging offence but if you look at the situation from the receivers point of view rather than the posters point if view, it does come across as very lopsided when a comment  or publication is posted that cannot be addressed.

My personal point of view is that these dreadful things are worth us knowing about as they are in fact news but there are always more than one side to a story and without being able to comment you are coming across to me as judge and jury.

I also feel sure that you are a very dedicated pet lover and feel passionate about any injustice done to animals,as I do too, but,one has to weigh the good up with the bad.

Of course there things should never happen but sadly in life mistakes are made.The inspector in this case may well have countless good points in his favour,he may have spent a lifetime caring for and saving animals in distress, he  could well be personally traumatised by an error in judgement. He may on the other hand have been a terrible inspector, the point is we don't know and for this reason it is sometimes imprudent to show only one side of a story.

This is primarily a gardening forum were we also share the joys and sometimes sorrows of our pets , which is why the facility is there, we also alert others to injustices in the world, but we also balance the sad postings  with stories of flowers and veggies and personal joys.

These are my views and why I posted my comment about your locked post, it is rather like throwing a stone and closing the door quickly so no one can throw one back.

Is that fair?

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2007, 19:14:34 »
A very well thought out reply Jeannine and one i totally support  :)

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2007, 22:08:43 »
Likewise, Jeannine's captured exactly what I would have liked to have said x
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal