Author Topic: Soap.  (Read 2238 times)

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
Soap.
« on: June 03, 2004, 09:18:36 »
For those of you who have really mucky hands from working in the allotment try this.  I saw this tip in a garden mag some time ago and remembered it.  Save old bits of soap and put them into the foot of a stocking (or the cut off end of tights) and tie them to the tap at the lottie.  That way there is always soap there and the nylon also helps to clean the skin.  Have tried it(now we have the water connected at the allotment) and it works a treat. :D
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

Multiveg

• Hectare
  • Oops, been gone a while, but still allotmenting.
    • Forum
Re:Soap.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 12:27:26 »
Good idea, Mimi.
A while back, I invested in a cheap liquid soap thingy to wash hands. Need to invest in some cheap washing up liquid for the tea cups!
Allotment Blog - http://multiveg.wordpress.com/
Musings of a letter writer, stamp user and occasional Postcrosser - http://correspondencefan.blogspot.co.uk/

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 12:50:29 »
Really good idea about the soap in the tights Mimi.  I usually just have some baby wipes in the shed, but I think your idea is even better. Thanks!  :D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 11:40:49 »
Sounds really good idea but it would take me ages to collect soap bits as we mostly use liquid stuff for hands at home BUT couln't I just put a big bar of soap in the tights foot and tie it on, would work just the same and I could add bits as and when.  Thanks, Mimi  :)

June 6
Soap in place - great success.  Ohn what happens if it rains ??? ::)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2004, 19:30:42 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal