Author Topic: Franchi seeds, anyone familiar with them  (Read 9444 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: Franchi seeds, anyone familiar with them
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2007, 20:47:46 »
I have a fair few spares, what do you fancy XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

carolinej

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2007, 20:51:21 »
I saw some Franchi seeds in the garden centre. There seems to be a lot more seed than other makes, so although they are a bit more expensive, I think they will be better value for money.

cj :)

Rhubarb Thrasher

• Hectare
  • Dark Side Of The Rhubarb
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2007, 21:24:26 »
there's going to be a feature on Franchi Seeds in the Saturday Daily Telegraph (16th June), including recipes

natasha

• Half Acre
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 10:52:38 »
I love franchi seeds, as everybody said very good quality, lots in the packet, nice to share with friends, very good choice and a bit different!
What I also like about them is that they sell stuff which you can plant either very early or very late in the year, when not much else is happening in the garden, so you have something to harvest all year round and their lettuce is a picture of beauty (tasty too).

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 12:28:27 »
Yes  I agee, a lot of the things I am planting for my winter garden are Franchis
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Bambi.1

• Acre
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2007, 13:53:02 »
I've never heard or seen them  ??? :-[ Thanks for the link trixiebelle,they sound interesting.

Have never seen these Franchi seeds in any of our 3 local garden centres,Frosts,Wyvale,and Dobbies  ??? are they only available by mail then  ???

Thanks  ;D

Stephen

• Not So New ...
  • Still digging...
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2007, 14:29:07 »
Been using them for a couple of years now.I've tried mixed lettuce, courgettes, borlotti beans, French beans, basil. All good...loads of seeds, good germination. Basil is particularly good value, I've been usuing the same packet for 2 years now and there are still some left.  Got them from my local Notcutts. Watch out at the end of the season beacause they are somtimes reduced- perhaps people are put off by the Italian on the packets. Don't be!

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2007, 19:23:44 »
They are very fast with their mail order too, and if the Italian bothers you, look on the Seeds of Italy site and they give you more info in English

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2007, 21:25:00 »
My local garden center sells them. Maybe it's worth looking in the smaller outlets (or have a ring round).
Smile, it confuses people.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2007, 18:09:33 »
I got some dwarf french beans from my garden centre I think they were Franchi they are in a small box and look like tic tacs, loads in the box.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

marestail murderer

• Half Acre
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2007, 05:14:22 »
then explain me the song lyric "A man can't sleep when he sleeps with sheep"

ERRRRR!...............................(thinks...no...ill leave this alone.......lol)

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2007, 18:03:40 »
I love Franchi too! A packet of genovese basil seeds I bought in 2002 still germinated this year (very good germination rate too). :D

I wish my local garden centre had Franchi seeds... It would be nice if I could pick up a few packets whenever I feel like it!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal