Author Topic: Morrisons greenhouses  (Read 2856 times)

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
Morrisons greenhouses
« on: May 29, 2007, 16:29:44 »
These are now down to 20 quid from 25, am still umming and ahhhing. ::)
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

norfolklass

• Hectare
  • Norwich - a fine city
Re: Morrisons greenhouses
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 16:34:43 »
ooh, that's quite tempting.
no room in the garden for one but I'm sure I could find a corner for on my plot for hardening off seedlings...
are they easy to secure to the ground??

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 16:43:40 »
They look quite flimsy to me, which is the reason for my umming and ahhing. But have never seen one fully constructed, think a few people have posted that they have got one....

And maybe they could be adapted in some way.... ;D
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

DenBee

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 16:47:28 »
We bought one last year.  Are these the ones with the clear polythene rather than the green reinforced covers?

We got the hang of pinning it down after the second time I had to pick up seed trays and resow them.  But with a few bricks and roof tiles placed at relevant places it withstood high winds (and we do get high winds where I live at the top of a hill).  You do get thin rope with it to pin it down with.  It came in really handy for tomatoes/cucumbers/peppers, etc during the summer months.

The cover didn't survive the winter, but that's because I was lazy and didn't take it off.  It would have been more sensible for us to dismantle it at the end of summer and put it all away, because the plastic then got very brittle, and it's now bundled up to take to the tip.  Kept the shelving bits though.
Tread softly, for you tread on my greens.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 11:02:57 »
...  It would have been more sensible for us to dismantle it at the end of summer and put it all away, because the plastic then got very brittle, and it's now bundled up to take to the tip.  Kept the shelving bits though.

We use one that's now in its second season.  But even if you do dismantle it and store it indoors, the plastic tubing STILL goes brittle.  I suspect that it'll survive one more year at the most.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 07:32:43 »
I only used mine in the greenhouse as extra protection and then just used the shelves outside for hardening off and one in the GH for extra shelf room. We have one outside at the moment with three trays of potted onions that I had given me after my disaster and we pinned fleece over the frame to stop the dreaded onion fly. When the armilatox has been on for the three weeks we will plant them out again under fleece to make quite sure nothing gets at them. I really have found mine usefull but it was only £10 from Wilies at the start of the year
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal