Author Topic: It Raining here so what are you up to ????  (Read 11297 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: It Raining here so what are you up to ????
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2007, 20:44:56 »
Well I am just going to plants seeds on my kitchen table,it is too ruddy cold and blowy outside and I don't fancy standing in a greenhouse either, so needs must. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2007, 01:00:14 »
Some of us had to work :'(

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2007, 13:49:01 »
didn,t go any where near the beach but local newspaper had a pic captioned blank holiday now monday we spend the day on a beach :o went to the gower coast with daughters family and had a great day only rained once all pm so we all huddled under her beach shelter we went paddleing in the sea and collected shell on 3 cliffs bay what a wonderful place thekids were happy dashing around on the duneswhile we soaked up the sun yes in south wales
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #63 on: May 29, 2007, 16:11:30 »
This morning at work from 6.30 until 10.00 I was working outside in my T shirt lovely blue skys and sunshine, then it clouded over and got a bit nippy, then about 12.00 we had some thunder and it poured down, the suns out again now, it just can't make up its bloody mind.  :'( ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #64 on: May 29, 2007, 17:19:58 »
dont you just love global warming?

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
« Reply #65 on: May 29, 2007, 19:14:12 »
Hello

What weather  ??? First a massive soaking and now hailstones size of peas just had to dash out and cover my veg add to the mix some thunder.

Don't you just love the weather come someone give us some sunshine my fruit and veg needs it not more rain!!

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

Jenfur

• Quarter Acre
  • Eaton Bray, Beds
« Reply #66 on: May 29, 2007, 22:31:13 »
Bloody hail I had to hide in my (vandalised) shed for about 15 minutes this afternoon!

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #67 on: May 29, 2007, 22:49:58 »
I've been in college all day teaching students who really didn't want to be there any more than I did.

Brogusblue

• Acre
« Reply #68 on: May 29, 2007, 22:53:04 »
Jenfur how's lottie today any better, I know the bl***dy hail i trying to concrete my washing line post in and dashing around my little plot cover them up the beetroot took a battering  >:( never mind will sow some more.

I give up with this weather wheres summer i want sunshine no more wet stuff or hail just sunshine Please Pretty Please  ;D

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

www.rnrs.org

Jenfur

• Quarter Acre
  • Eaton Bray, Beds
« Reply #69 on: May 29, 2007, 22:57:43 »
I know I would kill to just be able to do a day of lottie work then have a nice BBQ up there! Never mind most of the surface water has gone today, but still very soggy!! Most plants look ok, panic over  :-[ how's your place? Firemen all gone? they were here too on Sunday and Monday. Managed to miss most of the showers while out and about today though.

Brogusblue

• Acre
« Reply #70 on: May 29, 2007, 23:12:23 »

Jenfur all gone now apart muck left behind the fire men where here for about 1/2 hour i now have a nice collection of sandbags  ::)  That sounds a nice idea a BBQ i have a new one purchased last year and is in shed ready for the sunshine beer & burger that's making my mouth water as i am typing this.

If you some seed if lost anything just pm me.

Where abouts in Eaton bray is your lottie My step Nan used to live near f a hawkins yard.

Cheers
Brogusblue

www.rnrs.org

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2007, 16:33:58 »
Raining on and off all day hang on :o the suns  8) just come out.  ;D ;D ;D

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #72 on: May 30, 2007, 16:51:19 »
managed to get enough dry spells between the drizzly rain, you know, 'the rain that wets you'.. ;D
planted up the rest of the sweetcorn in the poly, calabrese outside, chinese leaves surrounded by slug stoppa granules  ::)
came home, rained for half an hour then the sun came out !!  ;D

coznbob

• Hectare
  • Hastings
« Reply #73 on: May 30, 2007, 17:10:07 »
Am marking down the time until Rob gets back from work, so I can go up to lottie.

Is too wet for the kids to go up there at the mo. But rain or no rain I am going!

The poor kids have had a sickness bug, in the true half term is here and we can't go out style!

Bless them, I do feel for them, but can't they all get it at once? With 4 of them its going to take at least another week to be truly clear... ::)
Smile at your enemies.

It makes them wonder what you are up to.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2007, 16:27:44 »
Sunny spells today, no rain as of yet, lovely when the suns out, strimmed some long grass around the paths earlier, poxy cordless don't last 20 mins, off out for dinner now , no kids tonight, mind you now BB back on tv I don't suppose it will be a romantic night.  :( ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2007, 18:30:03 »
Boiling hot in Hull today,shirt sleeves on the lottie all day, John rotavated one full plot while I played with my new Wolf  push and pull hoe on the other one.

Planted my 2 very very large Jack Be Little Pumpkin plants out as they didn't like it in the greenhouse, not hardened of and not too well so am not expecting a lot,but they didn't like where they were .

Sun I still shining here XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2007, 18:54:35 »
took the kids to winspit today near worth matravers in the purbecks. there are a lot of old caverns there where they used to quarry purbeck stone. its a great place and we got soaked to the skin. great fun.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #77 on: June 01, 2007, 11:28:05 »
We had a brief thunderstorm yesterday afternoon, but it was soon avoer. I've just started the dreaded GCSE marking, and I'm a bit tied up, but if the weather's half decent I'll be down on the plot later.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #78 on: June 01, 2007, 17:07:34 »
had a bit of rain last night, went for my pre-op, god, the nurse hurt my arm when she took blood, I've a great big purple lump there..
weather was gorgeous, went to the plot after the hospital, planted the barlottos, 2 wigwams full this year, uncovered all the squash and courgettes, 84 degrees in the poly so, damped down, picked strawberries and we ate them there, picked salad leaves and red onions and had lunch there..came home for a few hours..we have to go back to shut the doors on the poly tonight, sun's still out here, lovely  ;D

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2007, 17:47:08 »
have not felt 100% for the last couple of days so i have not been on the allotment.

I have tried today but its just so hot i just dont think its a great idea, i might go up later when the suns not so hot and do more weeding :-)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal