Author Topic: It Raining here so what are you up to ????  (Read 11301 times)

Brogusblue

• Acre
  • I love roses and have nearly 80 of them.
    • SRS - Shredder Repair Services
Re: It Raining here so what are you up to ????
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2007, 21:50:20 »
Hello

Rushed home from uncles in wales as my disabled mum told me bout the water, my local highways agency just delivered 20 sandbags   ;D my garden is still about 4-5" under water, Where i live is on a corner with a sight dip and with everyones guttering and drains overflowing it's running my way since 5pm this afternoon i have pulled out of my drains an soakaway 6 carrier bags of moss and sludge  :o my feet are like prunes i am now sitting here with my feet in soak in a bowl of radox munching toast.

As for the veg i will have wait and see on that.

Cheers

Slightly Soggy Brogusblue

P.s

Jenfur I hope your lottie recovers i am only around the corner from you i live nr the downs, We have some wild weather today.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 22:03:18 by brogusblue »
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

The Royal National Rose Society
                                     www.rnrs.org

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2007, 22:00:26 »
Installed some stuff on the computer and spent most of the day tied up with church stuff.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2007, 22:01:37 »
Cripes Jenfur, that looks grim. :o
Shame about the Southend airshow. innit Tin shed.Tommorrow doesn't look like it's going to be any better. Don't bother to go these days but we do see some from the garden.
Housework and decorating going on here. BW refuses to go anywhere on a bank holiday weekend, rain or no.
Sorry to hear of your sogginess too Brogusblue, hope things improve rapidly.
Smile, it confuses people.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2007, 22:08:54 »
Crikey, some of you are really suffering, hope things ease up for you. It has been raining all day here but no emergencies. Next door (daughter & co) went to Spain at 2am so all I had to do was to dash round and see to the cats, have just put them to bed. Most unusual I have had no visitors today so have had a real lazy day.

Jenfur

• Quarter Acre
  • Eaton Bray, Beds
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2007, 22:12:52 »
Downside of living here  I guess. Just have to hope it all miraculously drains away. Good luck with the sandbags, and get a nice hot shower in ;)

Brogusblue

• Acre
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2007, 22:23:16 »
Hello

I now have a fire engine blocking my road they are going to pump the water down the storm drain, I had shock when they called i didn't ring them the highways agency guy's did. I have never had it so bad in 17 years living here.

I am now going to bed the doggies are looking at me to say where's tonights walkies Not being funny they don't want the garden Mr B have to tie a knot in it and Gini will have to cross her legs untill morning.

Cheers
Brogusblue
I have been infected by the "rose virus"  ... I have surrendered to my addiction gracefully. There's no recovery"   On the other hand, imagine life without roses – a dreadful thought!

www.rnrs.org

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2007, 22:37:35 »
went to chedder car boot as it is a inside one OH likes it there then visited sons family in weston s maredaisy aged 20 mths got excited during a game of peek a boo and i got a headbutt in the mouth baby unharmed granny looking botoxed
M5 was horible coming home glad i wasn,t driving htink i will stay away from plots as our clay will be unworkable ,trick is to get to it before it dries out and is too hard to work on  who said it was easy?
marg
ps brogusblue just read your post i will tell my sulky cat he is lucky he is not your dogs
and that we live on high ground thoughts are with all  those who suffer extremes of weather
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2007, 22:43:49 »
Took the kids out for the day on a trip paid for by work . Went to Ruff n' Tumble. The best kids play area they have been to I reckon. Indoor rockclimbing also. Kids loved it. Stayed there 4 hours. Work even coughed up for the kids lunch - chicken fingers, chips, salad, ice-cream, juice, party bag. OH did chores at home & shopping. She was pleased with her days achievements, me with the quality time with the kids on such a lousy day. I am now babysitting tonight & she is out on the tiles. Something wrong there me thinks.... ;D ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2007, 23:01:21 »
Hi Jenfer,

Have you got any more soil? I would top up that bed with more soil and add some wood chips or sand to the paths.

Or start bailing into your water buts.

brogusblue has the water started to come in the house??

Cambourne7
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 23:11:38 by cambourne7 »

Jenfur

• Quarter Acre
  • Eaton Bray, Beds
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2007, 23:53:12 »
 :'( think I will soon be onto the bailing stage if it doesn't let up soon. Am thinking maybe I should transplant some tiny seedlings back into buckets etc so they don't get completely underwater? Especially the poor cukes and courgettes that only got put out yesterday!! And tiny sunflowers, this was them yesterday, and now they are totally underwater.

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2007, 23:55:16 »
Brogusblue, you sound very calm - I think I'd be in a right tiz.  Do hope it has begun to drain away & that the firemen were nice  ;D

Been peeing down all day here & still coming down though now accompanied by strong gusts of wind.  Have spent the afternoon on the sofa with a book in front of a blazing fire.  Well what else was there to do?  :)

Brogusblue

• Acre
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2007, 08:29:19 »
Good Morning all

Still raining but the sandbags are doing there trick, What can you do in this weather theres no point losing your head things can be replaced or regrown.

Jenfur Hope your seedlings are o.k and the lottie is a lot better today i will check on veg today.

Cheers
Brogusblue

www.rnrs.org

Sajaself

• Not So New ...
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2007, 09:38:53 »
Its awful here in Northants today again. We took the boys to see Spiderman 3 last night as no chance of going anywhere in this weather. One of the big trees had blown down in Barton Road...Thats how bad the wind is.!!! Maybe the wind will batter all those weeds and brambles at our Jungle(allotment)!!!

Gonna spend the day reading all these pages and taking notes. Could be an expert by the time the rain stops ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2007, 14:54:20 »
Cats and dogs non stop since 5 o clock Saturday afternoon, had to work today, not to bothered when the weathers like this, the outlaws are down from the North East this week, they said its hardly rained up there. ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Blue Bird

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2007, 17:27:39 »
Weather not too bad today - managed to get to the allotment for a couple of hours and spent most of the afternoon in the back garden had to riddle the compast in the bin and added it to the garden back bed.

Sorry for all of you with all that rain and the damage hope things get better

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2007, 19:05:03 »
Hasn't stopped here. I was so bored I even got the steam cleaner  out and steamed the lounge carpet!! You know how I love housework :)

ellkebe

• Hectare
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2007, 19:33:16 »
Jenfur and Brogusblue - hope it all gets dried up soon, and minimal damage.

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2007, 19:39:12 »
been raining here for two days, windy and cold, but not half as bad as some of you are getting.

In between showers managed to plant a jack be little, transplant the leeks to bigger pots and do a little more digging.  It's pretty cold here, am worried about my melons, squashes and pumpkins.

Hope it improves, I'm off all week.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #58 on: May 28, 2007, 19:52:16 »
actually managed to do some housework and made some quiches for the freezer..too cold and drizzly off and on to go to the plot
there's nothing that won't keep but we will have to get there tomorrow  ;D

gordonsveg

• Acre
  • 68 years old ,
« Reply #59 on: May 28, 2007, 20:11:34 »
 ??? :)  Evening theothermarge,
         How was Weston, tide still out? My wife comes from W.S.M and this week we have S in L ,niece and 10 yr old down for a week(we live in Plymouth).Just when i was looking forward to a peaceful W/E.
     Still there not so bad really, at least they bought good weather with them even if it`s a bit chilly.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal