Produce > Recipes

Parsnips!!

(1/5) > >>

Hyacinth:
My neighbour is lobbing(in the nicest possible way!) loads of superb parsnips at me - and still they come...

I've done the usual things - roasting, parsnip chips, parsnip soup, and have been experimenting with Parsnip Patties (and they freeze well, too):

Boil cut up parsnips in salted water till tender. Mash well. Saute finely chopped onion, bacon & chilli (optional for some, obligatory for me!) in butter. Add to parsnip mash. Add large handful of chopped parsley & grated cheese to mix. Put dollops in greased patty tins. add more cheese on top. Bake.  I'll be doing them with diff. additions, as scraps in the fridge need using up & certainly going to try a little curry powder...

Any more recipes or ideas, please?

teresa:
Hi Lishka
parsnip wine ment to be a good one will see off 6lbs of parsnips for a gallon of wine. :P
Teresa

Hyacinth:
Nah...thanks Teresa...not into bungs and bits of tube & demi-johns (are they really called that?

poor Tiny Tim and Demi-John - I love you both ;D

Cheers, Lish

tim:
B.....y Parsnips !! -  when I opened the AGA  this morning, there were our last - looking like Pompeii. Lob me some over Lish? - Tiny Tim

Palustris:
You could throw a few westwards from you. We got 6 seeds to germinate and if they are anything like the turnips and carrots they will be full of worms. And I like creamed parsnips.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version